Games My Platform Game :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You work very very fast! You'll have it ready before mine, for sure.

i must say, respect! @melonZgz, when people play games they dont have a clue how much work is behind every single pixel on this game. after working for 2 weeks on my box2d game i now can imagine how much work you put on your Catapult and the Space Ship game.

i really like them and i am sure all of them will become big winners. just keep the good work.

Only 2 things I'd change: the coin animation (it looks like they dissapear for a frame) and add some vertical scrolling to the chains.

yes u r right i will fix that

Very good work.

thank you :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i am making some progress.

i have improved a lot my game and added lot of stuff (not everything is possible to see in the video, there are a lot performance improvements)
i want to add more enemies like i did with the bird and more cools stuff. after i finish that part i will add more levels.

i am planning to add a shop where you can buy different sword that will have different power and different Reloading time.
yes there is a reloading CD between each shoot. you can also hold down the fire button and it will shoot full automatic.

i am planning to add a level where the player jumps into a train that will drive fast and he needs to shoot on enemies. it will be on a hill... (use you imagination :p)
i am planning to add sticky walls where the player jumps on them and he slides slow down and cn jump from them to another wall and like this climb up.

lots of cool stuff are planned for this game.

it is my first real game where i really invest a lot time and make it right by using lgScn2DStage and actors for my labels and buttons.
i am also reading a lot tutorials about box2d and and adding nice force effects like:

B4X:
        Dim vec1 As lgMathVector2 = player.getLinearVelocityFromWorldPoint(player.WorldCenter)
        Dim desiredVel As Float = Min(speed,vec1.x+(speed*0.1))
        Dim velChange As Float = desiredVel - vec1.x
        Dim force As Float = player.Mass * velChange / (1/60)
        Dim vec2 As lgMathVector2
        vec2.Set(force,0)
        player.applyForce(vec2,player.WorldCenter,True)

i will add a level where there will be an ice ground and the player will slide on it.

for that i will just reduce the velocity of the player after you release the right/left button with a small amount and like this i will get a nice slide on ice effect
like this:

B4X:
       Dim desiredVel As Float = Min(0,player.getLinearVelocityFromWorldPoint(player.WorldCenter).x+(speed*0.01))
                player.setLinearVelocity2(desiredVel,player.getLinearVelocityFromWorldPoint(player.WorldCenter).y)

it is a lot fun coding with box2d but also a lot work :)

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
let make a bone party with box2d :p
upload_2016-11-8_14-10-13.png

An Schi

Licensed User
Why did you put that awfull music at this video? And why music at all?
I'm asking myself this question for so many youtube videos, maybe i'll get an answer here....;)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why did you put that awfull music at this video? And why music at all?
I'm asking myself this question for so many youtube videos, maybe i'll get an answer here....;)

Because i recorded it from my smartphone and there was loud backgroumd noise (i am at work and here it is loud sometimes) so i choosed a song. :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You have beaten me to death in terms of productivity!!! :D How can you be so fast!???

i had a lot luck. i am a cnc programmer and i always do different parts in my work. for the last 1-2 weeks i have a part that takes 4 hours on the machine what means i can drink coffee and walk while the machine is working but i prefer work on my new game so i can say i am for the last 2 weeks a full time game developer.

this status will be for the next 2 weeks as well so i believe i will finish the game until then since i work on it about 8-10 hours every day :)

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great game and great music too @ilan !!

Next things are only opinions after testing games (don't take as complaints)
- Splash screen: Background (clouds) could be more elaborated (maybe include a far casttle on it) and that explains the game's story : something similar to Ghost &Goblins splash screen (knight entering the castle because he has to rescue the princess)
- Sound Off doesn't seem to work
- In-game controls: I've liked more having an area for jump action; I've been lost many lives because I've tried to jump touching the Shooting area
- Difficult Level: Maybe you can adjust this one to a lower level (ex: first level with only one ore two jumps, without enemies and the chest at the end, and so on)
- Ads:I don't like so many Ads; I prefer ads appearing when knight is defeated two or three times.
- The last two points are related to gameplay: if it's very hard and the Ads appears each time you die, maybe the final user doesn't give a chance to this game, get tired and uninstall app quickly (let the progress be more appealing and engage the player)
- Set Secrets area in many levels that when you shoot at, it gives you energy, coins, etc.. /set that concret background elements are interactive: fire that you can shoot, etc..

Overall, I think that with a little tuning, you've made a great game !

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
- Splash screen: Background (clouds) could be more elaborated (maybe include a far casttle on it) and that explains the game's story : something similar to Ghost &Goblins splash screen (knight entering the castle because he has to rescue the princess)

good idea will think about something.

- Sound Off doesn't seem to work

weird, sound on/off works well on my device.
does the image change when you click on the sound on/off? you have 2 options to turn on/off sound, from game or from menu.
do both not work?

- In-game controls: I've liked more having an area for jump action; I've been lost many lives because I've tried to jump touching the Shooting area

the problem is that i have no space to add another button, so i decided to have the screen as the jump button. when you get used to it then it is very comfortable.

- Ads:I don't like so many Ads; I prefer ads appearing when knight is defeated two or three times.
i agree, i will change it to show on 2-3 death

Set Secrets area in many levels that when you shoot at, it gives you energy, coins, etc.. /set that concret background elements are interactive: fire that you can shoot, etc..

sorry i dont understand what you mean.
i am now working on an option to buy swords with the coins you have selected.
the different sword will have different power and reload time.

Overall, I think that with a little tuning, you've made a great game !

thank you :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Remember Castlevania? the fire torch's are "shootable" and gives hearts

yes, i remember :)

nice idea. i will make it on the next big update where i will add more levels (if the game will get popular)
i am planing to make 3-4 stages with each 12 levels.

btw. this is the shop panel (still in progress) ;)

screen1.jpg