Games My Platform Game :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As I'm still waiting for Santa to have my Shield K1 Tablet, I have only emulators for now.
Would you kindly provide me the apk file? I really don't want to type my google password into the emulator...

i will finish in few hours an update (buy swords from the shop) and i will send you the link for the apk. :)

but i need to mention that on genymontion it runs very bad.
what emulator are you using?

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
First of all: you're damn fast!
I really really like the game
I'd like that you could swipe from one button to another. You know, that you can change direction without releasing the finger and touching again...
maybe you're aware of it, but you should pause the music in the pause event (ie: lost focus). I've received an incoming call (actually a call from my job) and the music was still playing :D
And I really like the music, I'm still looking for one that fits in my game

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I really really like the game

thanx :)

I'd like that you could swipe from one button to another. You know, that you can change direction without releasing the finger and touching again..

i dont know if this is possible since i am using lgScn2DActor's and the lgScn2DInputListener has only touchDown and touchUp events.

maybe you're aware of it, but you should pause the music in the pause event (ie: lost focus). I've received an incoming call (actually a call from my job) and the music was still playing :D

when you accept the call then the music should stop. the music is paused when activity_pause is called or when you press on the pause button.
do you think that i should put music.pause in the activity_pause event? (this would be relevant only for incoming calls)

Pause_Event isn't called when you have an incoming call, only if you accept it and the game music stops when you accept the call since on activity pause libgdx is paused too.

what level have you reached?

Last edited:

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
i dont know if this is possible since i am using lgScn2DActor's and the lgScn2DInputListener has only touchDown and touchUp events.

You could allways handle only those 2 buttons in a different way, via gesture detector/input processor drag event. In my game those buttons aren't my own button class (like all the others), I just draw textureregions in the render event and use the Touch events (down, up and dragged) from the inputProcessor. I really don't know if it's that important, but I've get used to do a fast direction change that way...

what level have you reached?

Done five levels allready. But more than playing staightforward, I'm testing things, mechanics, comparing with mine...:D

this should match to your game :)
Yeah, it's the one that I'm using right now, but it has something that... I wouldn't say... not a perfect match!

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
what emulator are you using?
MEmu, as always... :)
It's Chinese, so typing my Google password is a big no-no.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
making progress on my big update.

i have added a star rating system, new levels, new enemies,...

the game will have 3 stage (castles) and each castle will have 12 levels where level 12 is the BOSS level (you fight against the boss!)

have a look :)

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's the kind of boost we're all hoping to get one day :)

Well done.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have decided to finish also castle 3 so i am woking on new levels with new enemies and new cool features... have a look :)

Ps the game run smooth not like in the video. I guess the recording is not really 60 fps

Last edited:

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow! I am not a plattform games player, but I like this one very much, specially the skeletons/bones

Just to know, how many hours a day do you dedicate to programming? Your progress is really fast

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The first version with 1 castle (12 levels) was done in 3 weeks (starting with a blank b4a activity) and i worked those days about 8-10h/day.

Then i released a second version where i added another castle with 12 levels and improved a lot old levels + code. And that took me about 2 weeks (2h/day). Then i decided to leave this project and work on something different but yesterday after crossing 1.000 installs i decided to finish castle 3 (add another 12 unigue levels) but i dont have much time now about 1-2h/day so i guess in 2 weeks i will finish castle 3 and i can get back to other project.

I think its better to finish this game and make it perfect like i planned then leaving it by side and update it in a later phase (what i believe wont happen) so i better do it now :)

PS: i need to mention that my box2d knowledge was very poor before i started this project so i had also to learn box2d and read lots of tutorials in the developing phase (that cost me some time).

Last edited:

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Now playing Pixel Knight on my brand new NVidia Shield K1 Tablet! :D

Congratulations @ilan! The gameplay is really solid!
I won't share my final thoughts yet, but I can say I'm really enjoying it so far! :)

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Now playing Pixel Knight on my brand new NVidia Shield K1 Tablet! :D

Congratulations @ilan! The gameplay is really solid!
I won't share my final thoughts yet, but I can say I'm really enjoying it so far! :)

are you using the latest version?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User