B4J Question PDF automation

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,
The project I am using now can create a pdf file then invoke Acrobat reader, but I must print the document from PDF and after acrobat is loaded.. Is it possible that the creation of the pdf file, invoking Acrobat reader and printing the document, all be in one step.. I mean the document is printed right away with all oter steps automated and run in the background?

Best regards.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why it is important that Adobe Acrobat is printing something?

You can use a tool to print to the default printer installed on the system (and even to a predefined printer). No need for acrobat reader at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why it is important that Adobe Acrobat is printing something?

You can use a tool to print to the default printer installed on the system (and even to a predefined printer). No need for acrobat reader at all.

in fact I was looking for something like Printer. Print.. Printer. EndDoc... etc like ik vb6. but I didn't know there's equivalent in b4j

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
etc like ik vb6
i don´t know vb6.

I am developing a App with delphi. And if i have to print a pdf i just use sumatryPDF and print it to the printer i want with the copies i want. I just call SumatraPDF.exe with the correct parameters to do the Job.

1, 10, 100 Copies without problems and with no userinteraction.

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

ps: a command line utility that may be useful for all members in b4x forums

..but... reading forums found this too.. not tried...

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Upvote 0