iOS Question Provision ID not matching bundle ID

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, Guys
I am attempting to update and old App not modified since 2018 (and would of last been compiled with B4i current in 2018).
When I attempt to compile the original code using the Hosted Build, it fails - see report at end of post.

It appears to be complaining about provisioning and bundle ID's not matching.
The package name Build Configurations->Package was already set to "com.hangar51.arenaremote" (which, according to the forum, appears to be the common reason for the error).
I have not seen this problem before, could someone please give me a pointer on what to look for.

Regards
Dave

------ Error report -----
B4i Version: 7.50
Parsing code. (0.04s)
Building folders structure. (0.70s)
Compiling code. (0.40s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.03s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (0.01s)
Building Xcode project. (0.38s)
Preparing project for builder. (0.15s)
Project size: 0.70 MB
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Command line invocation:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -configuration Release "PRODUCT_NAME=Arena Remote" CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/Users/erel/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload "CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY=iPhone Distribution: Momentum Ltd (WNLQ68N9D9)" "OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS=--keychain <user id>" PROVISIONING_PROFILE=56b82077-f25d-4f12-b5b5-37c20018daed -arch arm64

Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = arm64
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Distribution: Momentum Ltd (WNLQ68N9D9)
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/erel/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain <user id>
PRODUCT_NAME = Arena Remote
PROVISIONING_PROFILE = 56b82077-f25d-4f12-b5b5-37c20018daed

note: Using new build system
note: Using codesigning identity override: iPhone Distribution: Momentum Ltd (WNLQ68N9D9)
note: Planning build
note: Constructing build description
error: Provisioning profile "provision" has app ID "b4i.*", which does not match the bundle ID "com.hangar51.arenaremote". (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')
warning: The iOS deployment target 'IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET' is set to 8.0, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 9.0 to 14.3.99. (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **
------ Error Report END ----

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, jabswant
Sadly still the same problem when I attempt to compile.

The iOS distribution cert is up to date (not expired) - I use it on other projects.
The provisioning file however had expired - so I simply refreshed it be by select edit profile, then saved it and downloaded the new provisioning file to my keys folder.

Have I done something wrong?

I wonder if I should delete the original provision file and create a new old? Important - What I don't want to happen is that it prevents users installing the current version of the app in the App Store.

Dave

Upvote 0

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Provisioning profile "provision" has app ID "b4i.*", which does not match the bundle ID "com.hangar51.arenaremote"

Based on the app id the package name should be b4i.something
Hi Erel
The replies have crossed - just read your input.

When I looked at the provision profile and the APP ID is ArenaRemote (WNLQ68N9D9).com.hangar51.arenaremote (I am not sure this has been changed). But in the list of App IDS the only reference to b4i is "b4i (WNLQ68N9D9).*" . I have to say there may have been another App ID starting with b4i which has been deleted.

Regards
Dave

Upvote 0

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi - I cracked it!

In the Project Attributes region the provisioning file was not specified i.e.

#ProvisionFile: ArenaRemoteAdhoc.mobileprovision

Therefore, I assume it was using a default provisioning profile which must have referred to an App ID starting with b4i.

In the old days we modified the Projects Attribute provisioning files directly but now we use compiler switches to select the correct files so the source files do not need to be modified when switching between local test and release to apple versions.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Dave

Upvote 0