Android Question Room Chat Audio

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there...

Well i want to create a Room Chat Audio... which actually will be more than Duplex...

Everybody they will talk (if press a button) and listen the same time... and all these through internet...

Already see and work with bluetooth example... but i want all these through internet and with low bandwidth if it is possible something like voip multi conference...

My idea is to paying an Audio Server Streaming Service (i don't know any good and cheap) - but i want to have the ability from b4x apps (my apps) to upload in realtime audio (and in the same time listen) (ofcourse having headset)

So anything to start (somehow use an audio codec with medium quality) - and how i will stream to the web... any cheap service or something someone already use ?
and ofcouse any lib or example will be very helpful !!!

Thanks in advance !!!!

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
create you server:

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@oparra Thanks for all these answers... but already searched the forum and saw them...

MQTT -> is good for other situations not VoIP like... voip is voip afterall
Walkie Talkie -> is very good for Lan - not throught internet
SIP/Voip -> is the client side... ok with this....

but as you can see the link i ve already attached is what i am searching...

actually a voip server that will work like ptt server (preferable free ofcourse)
and some source - or the start of voip client that will connect at this ptt server...

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
actually a voip server that will work like ptt server (preferable free ofcourse)
I never saw any free VoIP-Service.

and some source - or the start of voip client that will connect at this ptt server...
I also never saw a b4x client for any (no matter which) VoIP Server.

Maybe ABTO also provide a b4a client; but it is not a free Service.

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Even if there is a free server available. It is nothing you could connect to without setting up a asterix-server on your server first!

There is no library or client to work with a asterix-Server here in forum. So i think posting asterix as a reference is of no or less help

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have wrapped 3 or 4 commercial PTT Sdk frameworks for a fellow B4X User while he has set up everything else.
Maybe he has some advice or knows alternatives? I will send him a PM about this thread but I know he's a very busy man so no promises that he will get back to you.

Upvote 0

Philip Prins

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have wrapped 3 or 4 commercial PTT Sdk frameworks for a fellow B4X User while he has set up everything else.
Maybe he has some advice or knows alternatives? I will send him a PM about this thread but I know he's a very busy man so no promises that he will get back to you.

As Mike said I was able to make my own server in B4J and client in B4A for push to talk and full duplex communication.
I tried first with commercial servers like ProPTT and WalkieFleet.
Mike made the libraries for their SDK.

Eventually we made our own server where UDP streams are shared .

The chatshared example from Erel is the example i used.

You make for example 50 UDP connections for 50 groups
Each client send a periodic ping so the port so you can store the return port number and sender id.
This ping also ensures the return path from server to client remains active.
When a audio packets comes to the server from a sender then it is distributed to all recipients in the ping table.

See www.commcheck.eu for final solution

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Philip Prins UDP over internet... will be safe ? ... +what about compression of audio ? + every stream will have different port ?

as i can understand the b4j server will be only for storing the ip and the ports of clients (streams) ? and how all these streams can play together... ?

That's mean a lot of bandwidth ? - or no ?

Upvote 0

Philip Prins

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Philip Prins UDP over internet... will be safe ? ... +what about compression of audio ? + every stream will have different port ?

as i can understand the b4j server will be only for storing the ip and the ports of clients (streams) ? and how all these streams can play together... ?

That's mean a lot of bandwidth ? - or no ?

UDP works well for audio and video.
TCP is also possible.

PCM works well on 3G and 4G.
For 2G opus codec is needed

The server listens on port 10001 for example.
All clients connect to that port and get a different return port by the server.
This return port have to saved to a table.
When one client sends a UDP packet it will be send to all recipients in the table.

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
UDP works well for audio and video.
TCP is also possible.

PCM works well on 3G and 4G.
For 2G opus codec is needed

The server listens on port 10001 for example.
All clients connect to that port and get a different return port by the server.
This return port have to saved to a table.
When one client sends a UDP packet it will be send to all recipients in the table.

Yes. UDP or TCP both are possible

Upvote 0