Server maintenance - tomorrow morning (10:00 AM GMT+3)

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the tutorials
I don't find any changes to the Tutorials or I am not visited the right forum?
Edit: I guess it is the author information section. Now my age is so obvious. 😅

By the way, I like the improved filtered. Now it has "Your questions" and "Your answers".
May I know how is a thread considered as "solved"? Is it checking by the title with "solve" keyword?
1630402708636.png

Edit: oh! Now I see a "checkmark" icon to "Mark as solution" on the right hand side of the replies. It is like StackOverflow style.

Last edited:

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I really do not understand what you all have, I find the design much better. It looks more modern and you have more at a glance.
I agree it has a more modern layout but I think it would look better if the thumbnail has same height and has a default image so the title will stay same level. I also hope there is a recommended dimension for the thumbnail to keep an appropriate ratio.

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please check on mobile phone.
Mobile doesn't look pretty at all, you cant differentiate between the posts

I have also noticed another change.
In every thread, the first post takes full width and all following posts are then paginated below it (Edit: posted in #20 already)

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Does the LIKE also add to the Vote Up?
You have reactions and votes (up only), in questions threads.
The answer with the highest votes is expected to be the best answer. This is not exactly the same as reactions.
Overall it is not too important.
I have to ask, am I the only one who dislike this whole "let's put the name of the thread-starter in the bottom of the first post", instead of having it to the left like previously?
This is in threads that are treated as articles, which means that the main content is the content in the first post. I think that it makes sense. A bit like blog posts.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have to ask, am I the only one who dislike this whole "let's put the name of the thread-starter in the bottom of the first post", instead of having it to the left like previously?
Me too, I do not like it.
And the signature has disappeared from the first post, I find the signature much more important than the current text:
Missing signature, which I find important especially in the first post:

1630408636004.png

Current text not important:

1630408434685.png

Last edited:

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The navigation bar has disappeared from the top of the first post in a long thread.
1630409322402.png

I found it very easy, having it on top and on bottom.

The new feature, having a short part of the first post on top of each page is interesting and there the navigation bar is almost on top but unfortunately not on the first page.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
having a short part of the first post on top of each page
You mean "the full first post", right?

Check page 1
and page 2

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
No simple way to show the signature in the "article" post. I might add it in the future.

That's strange. It seems the forum decided to show different amounts of the first posts in my and your example threads. Weird stuff.
Not really. The full article appears in the first page. A collapsed version appears in other pages. This is a new feature. In the previous design it only appeared in the first page.