Android Question [SOLVED - USER ERROR] B4J 64-bit Hates My Machine

mmieher

Licensed User
Longtime User
I must have something really wrecked in my Windows 10 Pro desktop.

B4J insisted that I download the 64-bit 9.50 version because nothing I have ever done will work correctly again unless I do.

The 64-bit version has the Libraries window "locked". There are clearly horizontal and vertical scroll bars, but I cannot operate them.

I have tried:
Repeated uninstall of both B4J versions in Programs and Features
Window Reset in IDE
Undocking the Libraries window and plopping it afar.
Rebooting this perversion of a Desktop OS

Is it only me? Again?

1654269404352.png

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
They will become operative when a new project is started or you open an existing project.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
B4A is here, the question should be in B4j?

Upvote 0

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
This means you’re coming from a very old version. Welcome back to future. Just open a project or create a new one.

Upvote 0

Rubsanpe

Licensed User
I must have something really wrecked in my Windows 10 Pro desktop.

B4J insisted that I download the 64-bit 9.50 version because nothing I have ever done will work correctly again unless I do.

The 64-bit version has the Libraries window "locked". There are clearly horizontal and vertical scroll bars, but I cannot operate them.

I have tried:
Repeated uninstall of both B4J versions in Programs and Features
Window Reset in IDE
Undocking the Libraries window and plopping it afar.
Rebooting this perversion of a Desktop OS

Is it only me? Again?

View attachment 129955
Hi. That library window is not active until you load a project. And this behaviour occurs in all B4X IDEs.

Rubén

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
...but this is strange.... if you really updated the B4J... why are you getting message that there is available a newer version.... did you make a clean install ?
(get a backup of libs... uninstall old version... install newer)...

ps: ofcourse the locked window... is the same thing all telling you... but the message... hmmm

Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
About the message the keep telling you to update to 9.50 .......
If I understood correctly you are keeping 2 version of B4J
the last 32bit version
and the new 64bit version
Right?
Are you sure you have 2 different icons to launch the 2 versions?

Upvote 0

mmieher

Licensed User
Longtime User
About the message the keep telling you to update to 9.50 .......
If I understood correctly you are keeping 2 version of B4J
the last 32bit version
and the new 64bit version
Right?
Are you sure you have 2 different icons to launch the 2 versions?
No, I only got the "Update Me!" message when I had just re-installed the version I started with today.

Upvote 0

mmieher

Licensed User
Longtime User
This means you’re coming from a very old version. Welcome back to future. Just open a project or create a new one.
I'm not that old. I think I had whatever version came immediately before 64-bit. But it is solved now, or rather, the User has been corrected and adequately humiliated so as not to do this again.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not that old. I think I had whatever version came immediately before 64-bit. But it is solved now, or rather, the User has been corrected and adequately humiliated so as not to do this again.
Instead of feeling bad of your mistake, you can mark @Magma message as solution and change title as [Solved]
This way other users who may found themselves in same situation, can find the solution.

Upvote 0

mmieher

Licensed User
Longtime User
Instead of feeling bad of your mistake, you can mark @Magma message as solution and change title as [Solved]
This way other users who may found themselves in same situation, can find the solution.

For the record, I was trying to test a new library that I had just copied to the library folder (after I found the new 64-bit one) and I wanted to see if said new library popped up in the list by refreshing an already opened (here is the mistake) B4J instance. I did not realize that an open project was necessary while in the Library.

Last edited:
Upvote 0