Stable Diffusion

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just in case somebody have missed it: Stable Diffusion is another one of those "describe something and the computer makes the art for you" solutions. (DALL-E is another famous one.) The thing with Stable Diffusion is that it's Open Source, and it seems to be several levels better than the competitors.

There are so many webpages about this that I don't really know what to link to, but here's the webpage itself, which is a bit dry:

Here's an article about it, together with an amazing example:

And here's a picture from Wikipedia:
1661931567617.png

An image generated with Stable Diffusion from the prompt "Oversaturated burned light leak expired film photo of a woman's resting face submerged in a bubbly opaque liquid"

Note: I'm neither a user of this, nor do I a whole lot about it. I'm just amazed by it.

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
Amazing!
What is the conventional name of this (think-to-image)?
for example chat-bot response is built on AI conversation.

kimstudio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice! Are all these pixels generated by AI? or it just grabs some photos from all available photos on internet and combine part of them together?

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Another interesting article for those interested in running Stable Diffusion on a more basic machine. Also contains some nice examples of prompts and resulting images.

WARNING: Some of the images depict tits, which might not be ok for everybody. (But the page also contain blueprints for a time machine, so there's that.)