iOS Question Very debugging slow since upgrade

Alessandra Pellegri

Licensed User
Longtime User
With version 2.00 when i pressed "Run" button, it after asking authorization immediatly installed my app on Ipad. But now version 2.00 is no more comptaible with your server, so I passed to 2.31.
Now when I press "Run" it still asks authorization, but after I press "Install" under the icon of the app appears a text asking to wait. It stays there for 30/40 seconds doing nothing and after that the installation begin.

How could I solve this ?

Thank you

Alessandra Pellegri

Licensed User
Longtime User
The network speed is regular.
I don't see any error message. If I click Tools - Build server - download last built the IDE immediatly hangs stop responding.

When Ios ask me to install the app I see that the IP is external. It doesn't come from my PC. Is this ok ?

Upvote 0

Alessandra Pellegri

Licensed User
Longtime User
This slowness is actually a big issue for me because I almost cannot work.

If I correctly understand the working mechanism is:
- My pc sends the source code to your server for compiling
- Your server sends the compiled app to Apple server for signing
- Apple server send it back to your server
- Your server sends it to my Ipad

Is it right ?

If I buy a mac and I jailbreak the Ipad, may be that I become indipendent from external server and so I have all the speed ?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I click Tools - Build server - download last built the IDE immediatly hangs stop responding
Try to wait and see whether it downloads the ipa file successfully.

You don't need to jailbreak the device. It will not help.

Whether a local Mac will improve it or not depends on the cause of this slowness. If the IPA file is large and the network connection is slow then a local Mac will help.

Upvote 0