B4A, B4J in our "environment" after years...

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am a developer for many years...

Started with BASIC, and developed a lot in Quick Basic Pro 4.5.. then i was using Visual basic 5,6 Pro then .net for many years... as i remember myself kid (from 1989... 90's)

Now i ve stucked from 2013 with B4A and ofcourse B4J (that is the total solution for everything i need)..

Ofcourse at last all these languages using Operating Systems and need add-ons or need to be in policy/lines of them (.net framework, java, android sdk etc) ...

After last notifications got from Oracle java site (java updates) + from the big Google (googlemaps story, sdk target) ---> i have to say that is difficult to survive making applications target to public consumers... the only way is to make custom solid solutions...

That's because: every day you wake up - you must check 2 to 5 sites (java/mariadb/mysql/microsoft-ubuntu/google) to check their policies, to check if you must make any update, to check any new vulnerability -> to check if you are... on... the line --> they are setting to us...

Before some years - have changes but not so different - now we have many... day to day

So b4a and b4j lives in the environment we want to work (small/specific public or a big one...)... if we must create a public app - we must think again all the parameters..

The world has changed... but the worst... is: changing every day

Am i wrong...?

ps thought was writing on chit chat :-(