B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Download link: www.b4x.com/android/files/beta.exe

Improvements:
  1. New libraries tab:

1609236790622.png

2. Find all references feature was rewritten. Previously it couldn't handle more complex cases, where a sub or field are called indirectly:
    For example:

1609236972432.png
  3. The various IDE notifications also appear in the logs:

1609237133304.png

4. #CustomBuildAction - direct support for jar files, including Java 11+ UI jars.
  5. Default manifest updated. This allows resetting the manifest by removing the manifest text and saving.
  6. Dexer optimization can be disabled through the ini file.
  7. Updated or new internal libraries: XUI, XUI Views, B4XDrawer, BCTextEngine, OkHttpUtils2, GooglePlayBilling, KeyValueStore and FileProvider.
  8. Bug fixes and other minor improvements. This includes a long-standing bug where the wrong context was used after a resumed sleep in some edge cases (fix is relevant to B4XPages).
I wish you all a great 2021!

WizardOz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Best wishes from a longtime reader and hobbytinker :)
This version looks better then ever!

Upvote 0

Almora

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello there
the lower part of the words does not fit in the new version.
this only happens on the library list.
windows 10
6 inch pc

Attachments

• SharedScreenshot.jpg
    SharedScreenshot.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 314
Upvote 0

DALB

Licensed User
thanks ! Have a nice new year you and everyone at this place !
Pax mundi !

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @Erel,
After installing Beta #1, two of my apps started having compilation issues in debug mode, but they work 100% perfect in Release mode. Previously they worked perfectly fine in debug mode in the previous version of B4A.

The Error is below
trouble writing output: Too many method references to fit in one dex file: 65774; max is 65536.
Just in case anybody else starts getting the above issue during compilation, all you have to do is add the following line at the top of your B4A main module.
B4X:
#MultiDex: True

Thank you Erel
Keep up the great work, I for one hope that during 2021 and beyond that B4X goes from strength to strength...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Be nice if "#6 Dexer optimization can be disabled through the ini file. " were instead of ini file change a #NoDexer so it can be turn on and off in each project.

Just a thought. Looks great

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Be nice if "#6 Dexer optimization can be disabled through the ini file. " were instead of ini file change a #NoDexer so it can be turn on and off in each project.
Why? In the last 10 years there was exactly one case where it might have helped and it is related to a custom hardware which I believe is not built properly.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.