B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Download link: www.b4x.com/android/files/beta.exe

Improvements:
  1. New libraries tab:

1609236790622.png

2. Find all references feature was rewritten. Previously it couldn't handle more complex cases, where a sub or field are called indirectly:
    For example:

1609236972432.png
  3. The various IDE notifications also appear in the logs:

1609237133304.png

4. #CustomBuildAction - direct support for jar files, including Java 11+ UI jars.
  5. Default manifest updated. This allows resetting the manifest by removing the manifest text and saving.
  6. Dexer optimization can be disabled through the ini file.
  7. Updated or new internal libraries: XUI, XUI Views, B4XDrawer, BCTextEngine, OkHttpUtils2, GooglePlayBilling, KeyValueStore and FileProvider.
  8. Bug fixes and other minor improvements. This includes a long-standing bug where the wrong context was used after a resumed sleep in some edge cases (fix is relevant to B4XPages).
I wish you all a great 2021!

ddefrain

Licensed User
Longtime User
Download link: www.b4x.com/android/files/beta.exe

Improvements:
  1. New libraries tab:

View attachment 105080

2. Find all references feature was rewritten. Previously it couldn't handle more complex cases, where a sub or field are called indirectly:
    For example:

View attachment 105082
  3. The various IDE notifications also appear in the logs:

View attachment 105083

4. #CustomBuildAction - direct support for jar files, including Java 11+ UI jars.
  5. Default manifest updated. This allows resetting the manifest by removing the manifest text and saving.
  6. Dexer optimization can be disabled through the ini file.
  7. Updated or new internal libraries: XUI, XUI Views, B4XDrawer, BCTextEngine, OkHttpUtils2, GooglePlayBilling, KeyValueStore and FileProvider.
  8. Bug fixes and other minor improvements. This includes a long-standing bug where the wrong context was used after a resumed sleep in some edge cases (fix is relevant to B4XPages).
I wish you all a great 2021!

Thank's a lot @Erel for this Update

Thank's a lot to all of you guys for the great support too

Happy New Year, I Wish Health and fortune to all of YOU!!!

Regards

Upvote 0

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Download link not working

Upvote 0

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just tried it again, works fine here.
Must be something on my end then. Link on page 1 does nothing. Link on bottom of IDE says Application Not Found

Changed browsers now it works

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I normally use Firefox which downloads OK as does new Edge but Chrome fails if I click on the link. However' right click -> save link as' in Chrome says 'beta.exe can't be downloaded securely' so it looks like Chrome thinks there is a security issue. There is a 'keep' option and if you press that Chrome will then download it.

Upvote 0

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a problem on chrome after clicking, link does not work. Copy the link and paste into the address field even in chrome and it will work ...

Upvote 0

MikeSW17

Licensed User
Slightly confusing that B4A (maybe earlier version too) opens with a displayed Library List that's 'unresponsive' - little more than a picture - until you open or create a new project. Then, rightly, it becomes active. Probably I only registered it as I was looking at new feature #1 (Library List changes).
To me, it would make sense if it was blank, or better, displayed just text "Open or Create Project to Select Libraries" until either is done.
Trivial to regular users, maybe useful to new users.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Slightly confusing that B4A (maybe earlier version too) opens with a displayed Library List that's 'unresponsive' - little more than a picture - until you open or create a new project. Then, rightly, it becomes active. Probably I only registered it as I was looking at new feature #1 (Library List changes).
To me, it would make sense if it was blank, or better, displayed just text "Open or Create Project to Select Libraries" until either is done.
Trivial to regular users, maybe useful to new users.
This must have been done because selecting a library without first creating a project would create problems.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.