Other B4J - New IDE is available (BETA)!!!

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by Erel, Apr 30, 2015.

1. swissmade

swissmade Active Member Licensed User

Hi all,
    Great IDE. I Don't know if this was the meaning or not.
    When you debug step by step F8 this is only working in Docked windows. Undock a window sample you jump to an other module then F8 is not working.

Attached Files:

2. le_toubib

le_toubib Active Member Licensed User

its great , just the f3 thing , but please restore the search goggles icon ..

3. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Seems like a problem with the shortcut binding. It does work for you if you click on the "step into" menu item, right?

4. le_toubib

le_toubib Active Member Licensed User

hovering on any object used to show its value (expanded) in the bottom window, and the value is auto updated whenever it changes, this was very useful example when breaking inside a loop to see how the object changes values as u play the loop step by step.
    but now , i must Re-hover on the variable each play, so as to show its new value box, as it disappears as i press play. this can be very tiresome in large loops.
    right clicking on a variable and adding a watch expression does nothing (am i missing something here ?)

5. Erel

You can still expand the variable once and it will be kept expanded when the value is updated (note that the text will be bold to show you that the value has changed).

You don't need to add a watch expression for a variable as the variable will already be listed in the list. To add a watch expression you need to select some text and choose add watch expression.

DonManfred and le_toubib like this.
  6. swissmade

Yes Erel then it is working.

7. Troberg

Troberg Well-Known Member Licensed User

That's the Microsoft way, I think all their dev tools are like that. I know that all incarnations of VB was like that, including VBA and VBS.

8. Erel

swissmade likes this.
  9. moster67

moster67 Expert Licensed User

Just tried the new version. I cannot open Configure Paths from the menu. I click on the menu-item but nothing happens...

10. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

Me too.

swissmade likes this.
  11. Erel

Oops... A new version was uploaded (still beta #3).

swissmade likes this.
  12. Ramezanpour

Ramezanpour Active Member Licensed User

13. Daestrum

Daestrum Well-Known Member Licensed User

Still can't get configure paths to appear, reverted back to older beta version

14. Erel

B4J Beta #5 is now available. Fixes the issue with the paths dialog and an issue with B4J-Bridge.

Sorry for the rapid updates. The work on B4A has started and by mistake there were several unintended modifications to the shared code.

swissmade, inakigarm, Dey and 3 others like this.
  15. Dey

Dey Active Member Licensed User

The work on B4A!! very happy...

16. moore_it

moore_it Active Member Licensed User

Very nice ! Thank you !

17. moster67

moster67 Expert Licensed User

It just struck me that the printing option is not available in the new IDE :eek:

I hope this is just temporary since I find printing from the IDE very useful...

18. Erel

I'm still not sure about it. It is possible that the printing feature will only be added in a future version.

19. swissmade

Nice hard working Erel.

Many thanks;):)o_O

20. Douglas Farias

Douglas Farias Expert Licensed User

@Erel
    Where is the replace and replace all?
    You removed this or only changed the place, i dont find this and with ctrl + f dont show =(

thx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice