B4J Code Snippet [B4X] Notice notifications and new messages on the forum

I have long hoped that an Alert would be added in the IDE environment when someone writes a new message or there are new ALERTS for me.

Since my wish did not come true, I wanted to make it happen by myself. Here is a source that works on all platforms that scans over a period of time for new messages or ALERTS.
For the moment I use the polling method.

I attach only the example in B4J, but as soon as possible I will publish a version for B4A and B4i, even if the class is written for B4X and you can use it anyway on any platform.

1625721970480.png

PS. For the B4A version I was thinking of a floating App that remains running in the Background.

Last edited:

Magma

Licensed User
very very very GOOD work - spider-robot-datamining like :)

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Here is the B4A version. You start it then reduce the App and you are left with the floating button that updates you every 5 minutes on post notifications.
With each new notification it will vibrate.

PS. Required this library

1.png
2.png

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
ops sorry.

I hadn't thought about it, I don't know how to prevent a DDOS attack. I remove the source.

I don't know what you don't like, it's convenient for me to have an alert while you are not logged in, just that

Magma

Licensed User
@Star-Dust... You can check every 1 hour ... will be safer...

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
@Star-Dust... You can check every 1 hour ... will be safer...
Sure but you can change it even at 1 second ... it should be a library closed in a JAR to make it uneditable.
But it seems that if I compile the okHttpUtils library in JAR I will generate problems

Magma

Licensed User
Hey... ok i will "delete" the code or not? (thinking about it) - anyway was a good example of data-mining :) -->will better not use it too "As is for b4x site"

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
That's clear. We just need to be careful not to cause excessive server load.
Yes I realize, it could also be used maliciously.

Magma

Licensed User
But generally any "code" with httputils can be used against b4x site or attacking any site... just login again and again will be a bruteforce program or make flood... I hope not having bad guys here...

So will be better for this job create a web-service (Specific from b4x site creator) like giving json result... and ofcourse blocking member and ip too if time period is smaller than the right... better make a "Wish" (as you had)

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
I have found a way to compile it into a library in order to set polling at a frequency that does not cause excessive server load. As soon as I have another 5 minutes I will post

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
I thought about it and changed my mind. Creating a closed library becomes insecure for those who use it, not knowing the source in theory you could send/stolten the credentials.

A closed library would not be safe for those who use it. I therefore prefer not to publish anything, in the source or compiled in this forum

Magma

Licensed User
You ve right... as always, your history here shows your ethic... and have to say that your total work for/with B4X is brilliant !