ChatGPT!!!!!

73Challenger

Licensed User
what?? how is this possible?
It wasn't a coincidence that Microsoft bought GitHub. My guess is they ONLY cared about having access to the codebase for AI training. Not sure where Chat GPT trains their AI...but my guess, if you look DEEP into the GitHub/GitLab etc... user agreements there is language that allows them to mine/train AI on any code stored there. So...we are the ones training it.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So...we are the ones training it.
Do you mean that an "Alliance of Good Guys " could now flood Github with wrong/crazy code and that will be able to kill in his infancy the AI monster owned by a single entity? :)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
FnT5GM_X0AAVOeo.jpg

Note: that's not me and that's not my wife; I wouldn't want to have a wife who wants to be always right 😁

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
I don't understand how it can code but not count. It starts well, but then confidently veers off track and into the weeds.

Pi = 3.1415926535

1680148605143.png

Last edited:

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
One thing is clear now, that the A.I. has intelligence to be diplomatic and not go into unnecessary argument.
This feature is mostly found in old members of the family.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The professions of programmer and programmer analyst will disappear within a few years.
Luckily, B4X members are mostly hobbyists.

I don't even understand why there are still kids studying languages! (human languages).

BlueVision

Licensed User
Longtime User
And now I'm making enemies again, switching to an ethical view of it...
I understand your enthusiasm, but are we really talking about AI here or just a sophisticated system that can quickly provide answers based on known theories and facts?
ChatGPT has very little to do with AI in my opinion. Well, I'm not an eternal sceptic, but all this talk about artificial intelligence misses the point. ChatGPT is definitely not AI, the intelligence is solely in the programming of this machine (my respect, clever achievement!), it's a step towards AI.
This machine cannot be creative. That would be artificial intelligence.

There are enough mathematical problems that remain unsolved to this day. Enormous prizes are still being offered for solving these problems. Let ChatGPT have a go at it. Or maybe something really simple to start with: Deciphering Quipu, the Inca's knotted script.

The problem with the whole thing is: It's a kind of black box that is asked a question and gives an answer. It may still be possible to check whether this answer is wrong or right, but now hardly anyone can understand how this answer came about.
If even experts can no longer understand what is happening inside the black box, who is in control of this box?

Finally only my thinking and my meaning, peace my friends, don't want to put oil into fire, no war...

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This machine cannot be creative. That would be artificial intelligence.
No, intelligence is one thing, creativity is another.
Intelligence is understanding and ChatGPT, which will obviously improve, is capable of understanding. Sure, it has billions of pieces of information taken here and there, but we also have it and we use it; does this mean we are not intelligent?

BlueVision

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, intelligence is one thing, creativity is another.
Good point!

Maybe easier tasks at the beginning? Finishing Puccini's unfinished TURANDOT with a logical and comprehensible story? (a sacrilege, I know...)

So, forcing ChatGPT into creativity...

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Good point!

Maybe easier tasks at the beginning? Finishing Puccini's unfinished TURANDOT with a logical and comprehensible story? (a sacrilege, I know...)

So, forcing ChatGPT into creativity...
Creativity is not fundamental, at least not in everyday life.

Yes, perhaps they will try to achieve this for artificial intelligence too, but what worries me (I really don't care, I'm at the end of my life now and I have no descendants 😄 :confused: ) is, I repeat, that if once a stupid machine (an iron , a sewing machine, a typewriter...) generated N unemployed, intelligent machines will generate N^3 unemployed.

BlueVision

Licensed User
Longtime User
...but what worries me...
True. Together with all the other sideeffects (same with: calculating "in the head" without a pocket calculator, reading a map instead of blind trusting GPS...).
As long it is only a tool to make life easier, everything is fine. But for now, as long as we have fun with it, all is fine. It is an outstanding tool. And yes, sometimes one needs an idea in "how to solve a problem" and ChatGPT may be a guide showing a possible way solving. Why not?
The danger is simply that certain decisions should not be made by a machine. However, we could start by replacing individual politicians with ChatGPT. Uninfluenced by lobbyists, the greed to retain power... That's where I see the greatest potential for ChatGPT at the moment...
Everything is relative.