Fundraising 🤔

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@YogiYang Great idea... but source code like this aeric created - a completed total solution must have very big price... don't forget is something creating months... or years...

Maybe pieces of this source code... will be easier to sell

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What are your strong points. I mean what do you know besides B4X?
I am not clear. I have little skills in "here and there" 😅
PHP, VB6, VB.NET, SQL. Little bit of Java, C#, etc. I think more on database systems.
I am a Linux and Mac user.

B4X is what I am focusing now and I want to promote this product if possible.

I have also developed some ASP VB.NET web apps in the past with MS SQL/ SQL Express.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@YogiYang Great idea... but source code like this aeric created - a completed total solution must have very big price... don't forget is something creating months... or years...

Yes, it is difficult for me spent so much of time creating a full solution but sell the source at a low price. I have a talk with a member just now. He was interested on my POS system. If I would charge him at full price, I am sure he would not agree with the price. So he just sent me a coffee and I created a sample for him in 3 hours. If I want to charge by hourly rate then it would be 8x the price.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@aeric As i remember is a b4j app.. how do you print at laser printer ? using cmd line or javafx 8 ? ...or printing only on thermal with other technique ?
You mean printing on bigger paper size like A4?

We can also use javaFX8 or JasperReport in B4J.

YogiYang

You are right that the price of POS will be big but still there will be takers of this solution provided it meets their requirements.

And he can always enter into AMC with the buyers for maintaining and upgrading the solution as per their needs.

Alejandro Moyano

Licensed User
@aeric I think you must focus in the product than fundraising or maybe to do a presale, if money is the struggle you maybe need an capitalist partner but you must look for it, is hard to find.

I currently launching an app in the old Kanban driven project (we use UML with Use Cases, develop kanban busines models, create a MVP to validate) and no money is flushing since 2 years; lately I figured that the world changed most people just presale, you can take presale courses googling for it (for example I found this https://www.softwareideas.io/the-foundation for SaaS presales)

The idea is gather true requirements and get clients before start your project.

I think that you may go for something simple like @f0raster0 , he differentiate its system and focused on a market niche, those than people in kitchen talk in a different language than customers (I can call it an system for ethnic restaurants). One good book to gather requirements and build a value proposal is the mom test (I found so late).

Greetings!
Alejandro.

Last edited: