D

Deleted member 103

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope they are referring only to their NEW services "our new name - Google Maps Platform" (but I fear it is not so).

I would like to take advantage of this thread to suggest Erel to open its own apps market which has fewer restrictions and lower "costs" (less than the odious 30%).

This would help developers and even increase the popularity of Anywhere Software products.

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
You understood correctly. I also got this email.

I have looked at the pricing table - and it is quiet generous. It can be found here: https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/pricing/sheet/

In some instances it is up to 40 000 calls per month and if you look at "Mobile Native Dynamic Maps" - the load is unlimited.

The positive is that the new structure opens up to "normal" users some of the features that were previously only available on the Premium packages and for the type of apps I have - that is really positive - here come new features.

Enjoy !!

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
@LucaMs

I'm not in that market - I use a completely different business model and write a different type of app - so i can't comment on the 30% - but that is stiff. They all try to make money somehow - somebody has to pay for that fancy new building and the staff's toys !!

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
to suggest Erel to open its own apps market which has fewer restrictions and lower "costs" (less than the odious 30%).
No answers to this my post. This means just one thing: Anywhere Software will open its market very soon but this is a secret :p (I hope).

[...or, more likely, Erel has so many more important things to do than answer this non-fundamental post :)]

tigrot

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, I did not come up with this idea.
Hi Filippo,
I have a free utility showing actual position of a Smarphone on another one. No costs by now, but now they are asking credit card:)mad:) so I'm not going to publish this App any more. It was a test around maps and Firebase messaging, to learn techs. But if you publish a final version different from alpha and beta, you cannot withdraw it, because the user are allowed to go on using it. At least I have a centralized DB which I can shut! Pay for something which doesn't give income...
Never beleave that something from those big companies is really free!
Mauro