B4J Question Remote Desktop using FFMPEG + jAWTRobot (? or not) - thoughts

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there... actually all these are thoughts... and some tips...

So i am trying to make my own (not exactly) remote desktop utility (using open source tools)...

* You must have ffmpeg command line utility....

Many of you already know the powerful of ffmpeg - so i thought using it because of encoding features has...

A.
In following example using ffmpeg to wait and listen at specific port from a specific computer...

So in this computer A will wait video packets and record them at d:\livestream.avi - must have open udp port 1935 on router/firewall - and ofcourse portforward at specific internal lan-ip
ffmpeg -i udp://0.0.0.0:1935 -vcodec libx264 -f flv d:\livestream.avi

You can have a dyndns a name linked with your ip

B.
Now with the following command in another computer somewhere in internet or in local network you can send video packets...
audio can used if you want to listen what's happening to remote pc...
-r 15 ...this make it using lower bandwidth....
ffmpeg.exe -f gdigrab -i audio="Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)":video="desktop" -f dshow -vcodec libx264 -f flv -r 15 -q 0 udp://destination_ip_or_dyndns_name:1935

Why listening from pc A ? - because will always have opened port and a dyndns name... / also we can have a second port like 1936 -> in that port pc (B) will download moves and keystrokes and playing them...

And the question come from all - if had many remote PCs to control from the same A pc how will make it?... having and extra port like 1937... that will be tcp (better i think) will ask pc A (controller) if the PC will have the permission send UDP packets and download moves... actually this will do first of all before try to send video packets...

All good with thoughts... but in reality... have some problems...

1) First of all how mediaplayer of A pc will play the last frame (will getting) of avi for ever..
2) Is it a good idea to have pane over mediaplayer and capture X, Y of mouse + buttons + strokes and sending them ?
3) Can i really stretch mediaplayer size + pane and reproduce the mouse moves,keys really well...
4) Am i dreaming or this can't be in real...

If anyone want to help - if had something already - if am helping him with my ideas - i am here to talk about it...