Android Question Tablet report bad screen size

kiki78

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have an old B4A application that work fine with only one designer variant since more than 6 years with lot of tablet.
It is design with 1280 x 800 scale 1 and work with all screen resolution.
We have new tablet with classic 10.1" 1920 x 1200 screen that never correctly adapt.

In Visual Designer, it report 1920 x 1104 scale 2 (320 dpi).

I try to create variant with 960 x 600 scale 1 for one layout and this seems to work, but I consider that at workaround.

Is there possibility to adjust some thing on tablet or programmatically in software ?
For example force scale to 1 or 1.5 instead of 2

Regards,

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In Visual Designer, it report 1920 x 1104 scale 2 (320 dpi).
That's expected, it allows for the top and bottom bars.
I consider that at workaround.
It's not a workadround. It's the way things are intended to work. If it's satisfactory then you don't have a problem.

Upvote 0

kiki78

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel.
I intensively use anchor but never use designer script before.
This design work fine with all tablet used before (more than 10 different) with resolution from 1280 x 800 to 2560 x 1600.
For my test I use with variant I use designer script essentially to adjust font size.
Log(GetDeviceLayoutValues) return 1920 x 1104, scale = 2.0 (320 dpi) = value see with visual designer.

This is a big app (9 complex layouts), relatively old (6 yeras) and lot of view on each layout, so I had hope solution without redesign :)

Upvote 0

kiki78

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Agraham.
So no better solution than use variant and designer script.
I will do it...

Thank you

Upvote 0

kiki78

Licensed User
Longtime User
If possible, in future release it will be interesting to add possibility to choose view background image in variant script.
For the majority of view I use Gravity.Fill for image, but for some label use as buttons I use top Left for image and center right for text.
I know I can remake image that but...

Regards,
Christian

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, @kiki78
I believe that your wish will have greater visibility if you post it in the dedicated area (bugs and wishlist).

Upvote 0