CrowdFunding, Get Funding for Creating Software - is it possible ?

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there...

Is there a way to "make" more money using crowdfunding to just create software (for example software will stay free for all, or open source, you can give more ideas) ?

CrowdFunding, Get Funding for Creating Software - is it possible ?

Anyone "done" something like this - what site used... is there a trap ?

How long takes to get results (results=money) ?

What you must give, except of time...

Let's talk about it...

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@aeric So, you didn't get into Fundraising... crowdfunding... are you ?

I see also member @Wolfenci not got the "target"...

Are there any examples "general" - not only from b4x apps... had the "target" or over it... ?

It is difficult to get results... also there is no "easy" road... generally speaking...

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I ended up doing more freelance projects. Currently busy as mentioned in my private message to you. All the projects doesn’t pay me much but I still need to survive my daily expenses, loan and credit card payment. And my POS is postponed.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have always considered the idea of a fundraiser to be excellent. But I think it's not easy to inspire trust in a product that doesn't exist yet, be it software, hardware or literature.
I believe (but maybe I'm wrong) that the most successful ones have had a good marketing idea. Others perhaps started from a working prototype that gave the idea of the final product or they already have a pool of followers who would support that idea or those people because they already trust.

A second important point is what to have as a return to the donation. Some set donation thresholds, and based on them they will receive the final product, a discount or a simple letter of gratitude.

I personally believe that crowdfunding for an Application is the most complicated thing to do. Because the final product you never know if it meets the needs of those who supported it. Each developer has his own vision, and it is already difficult to match it with the customer, let alone with dozens (or hundreds) of other developers who have their own method and ideas.
Some time ago @sfsameer made an attempt that looked like a fundraiser to develop products, but in the end there was always someone who felt that the final product was not complete or should be done differently.

For Software products, at the fundraiser I would say that it is better to publish the final product and sell it at a low price, but whoever buys it knows what product they are buying because they can already see it in all its parts. For everything else, fundraising is an excellent solution