Fundraiser (4800$) - Please I need your help to support my Education

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for reading this Chit Chat. I Appreciate it, and thanks to Erel for creating this wonderful community.

I recently gained admission to study Computer Science for about 4 years and unfortunately, I could not secure one of the scholarship spots.
To go straight to the point, I need to pay an assessment fee of 1200$/year which amounts to 4800$ for the 4 years.

My humble appeal is to anyone on this forum who is touched by this to help donate to support my educational journey.

You can donate any amount with Paypal to [email protected]

I am also open to scholarship suggestions, especially for Africa.
I am unable to create Gofundme Or fundly account, as my country (Ghana) was not listed on the page, if anyone can help create one as well, can start a conversation with me or email me.

Thank you

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Paypal Link in the signature as well for easy clicking

Funds Raised So far 110$
Funds Raised So far 210$
Funds Raised So far 215$

Funds Raised So far 310$
Funds Raised So far 321$
Funds Raised So far 340$
Funds Raised So far 440$
Funds Raised So far 459$
1st Term Fees (240$) => 219$
18th Oct: Funds Raised So far 287$
21st Oct: Funds Raised So far 307$
5th Nov: Funds Raised So far 325$
6th Nov: Funds Raised So far 351$

Last edited:

Greg Breinholt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Seems can't donate using PayPal in Singapore ;-(

1664777576580.png

abilio486software

Licensed User
Thank you for reading this Chit Chat. I Appreciate it, and thanks to Erel for creating this wonderful community.

I recently gained admission to study Computer Science for about 4 years and unfortunately, I could not secure one of the scholarship spots.
To go straight to the point, I need to pay an assessment fee of 1200$/year which amounts to 4800$ for the 4 years.

My humble appeal is to anyone on this forum who is touched by this to help donate to support my educational journey.

You can donate any amount with Paypal to [email protected]

I am also open to scholarship suggestions, especially for Africa.
I am unable to create Gofundme Or fundly account, as my country (Ghana) was not listed on the page, if anyone can help create one as well, can start a conversation with me or email me.

Thank you
Instead of you asking for money here, which we don't even know if it's true, you should be getting a job, even if it was washing cars.
I have many colleagues who studied and worked to pay for their studies honorably, they didn't go around asking strangers for money.
Begging should be banned here!!!

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Instead of you asking for money here, which we don't even know if it's true, you should be getting a job, even if it was washing cars.
I have many colleagues who studied and worked to pay for their studies honorably, they didn't go around asking strangers for money.
Thank you for the feedback.
We all need help at some point. There are other factors in play which I did not elaborate here.

I have other plans like putting up some source codes I developed for sale to support as well.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's a bit harsh, I think. But I do confess that I thought it was a strange thread to make in a forum where people buy and sell time and competence all the time. I would have understood it a lot better if it was something like "I need $4800 for school, can somebody please hire me to make an app for them? I know X, Y and Z very well, as you can see from threads 1, 2 and 3 here in the forum. I would also be very willing to sell my future time in bulk: Pay $1000 now and get X hours from me for your development, to be used at your convenience in the next five years. As you can see I'm selling my hours cheaply as I really need the money as soon as possible."

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's a bit harsh, I think. But I do confess that I thought it was a strange thread to make in a forum where people buy and sell time and competence all the time. I would have understood it a lot better if it was something like "I need $4800 for school, can somebody please hire me to make an app for them? I know X, Y and Z very well, as you can see from threads 1, 2 and 3 here in the forum. I would also be very willing to sell my future time in bulk: Pay $1000 now and get X hours from me for your development, to be used at your convenience in the next five years. As you can see I'm selling my hours cheaply as I really need the money as soon as possible."
It is a way... but... this also need time... when someone will need him... when he will pay for the job...

a lot... things... stars must align :)

But i think the way he asked "it" was right and the ....purpose...

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User

@mcqueccu is not a stranger and have been contributing for the health of this forum. If you feel like not donting for nothing, then dont't. Some people are willing to help out.​

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A small donation was made:
ID Transaction: 2C62407406060223S

I hope you reach your goal and help others in the future.

Best wishes!

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good day,

I want to begin by thanking Erel and the whole B4X community for their support. A special thank you to all who believed in me and donated to support me.
I started this fundraiser on the advice from my course instructor, to use crowdfunding platforms like gofundme, fundly, or explore other scholarship to raise the funds, and since I was not able to get access to any of them, I came to the community I know best, B4X.

At this point, I want to say that my inability to secure scholarship, should not be someone's burden, even though I know you all donated from the purest of your hearts. I say, God richly bless you for that.

On that note, I will be withdrawing from the course, reevaluate my options in terms of funds/financing. This does NOT mean I am giving up on this journey, No. We are due to pay our first assessment fees but I feel the best time to withdraw is now. In the next 24hours, I will REFUND all the donations I have received as well.

Thank you.

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Mcqueccu, I’m sorry to hear that.

Education is not everything but it is a good thing. I would ask you to reconsider. Have you exhausted all options?

Perhaps what you should do is show some evidence of the course acceptance or a letter of admission, invoice for the course cost etc. There are so many instances of people being scammed that perhaps some evidence would convince people to donate? I know you aren’t a scammer but it may help.

Is paying per semester an option? When I studied (a long time ago) fees were due each term. Since you already got 25% of the funds perhaps you could attend one semester and post your progress to the group? Showing progress would encourage people to donate.

Best of luck.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don’t know about other countries but in my country nowadays we have a lot of study loans offered by government, charity foundation or even the school itself with low interest rate. Or try apply for scholarships or become an intern then apply for sponsorship before continue your study.