Games Game making - video series

Are you interested in a game video tutorial?

• Yes

• No

• Hell No

• maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

cklester

Licensed User
If I were to do a game--and I'd love to develop a game, but priorities--then I'd probably use Unity for 2D and Unreal for 3D. However, I would be interested in seeing a match-three type game made with B4X.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
6. Hatetris - https://qntm.org/hatetris

This is Hateful Tetris - a game of Tetris which always gives you the worst possible pieces. I almost got one point when I tried it out, so that's pretty great, I think. How many can the forum members get? :)

(Ok, so perhaps not great for game making video series, but on the other hand - why not?)

kimstudio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the tutorial in advance. I like some old classic games...

7. lode runner (self make levels?)
lode-runner_2.png

The Official Webpage of Lode Runner Classic

8. sopwith (to hard for me may need to simplify controls...)
sopwith.gif

sopwith.org

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Some of the example/sample suggested are bit complex as far as logic is considered from a novice (me) point of view.

I would like a simpler game , even a ping-pong where a touch will deflect the ball and it bounce from wall too.
Here the logic is simple and we novice may get grip faster here.

My thoughts.

Regards,

Anand

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the tutorial in advance. I like some old classic games...

7. lode runner (self make levels?)
View attachment 112987
The Official Webpage of Lode Runner Classic

8. sopwith (to hard for me may need to simplify controls...)
View attachment 112988
sopwith.org

i did a game for b4a and b4i long time ago with those colors:
1620546615546.png

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So where's the first video @ilan lol, just kidding ;)
So, it looks like you will hopefully be making some new game tutorial videos sometime in the future (this year/next year/whenever you get the time to do so).

I for one will be watching, but remember to keep them simple, minimal and straight to the point.
View attachment 114015

Thank you...

i said to myself that if this poll reaches 20 YES i will make the tutorial and as we all can see it did more than twice my expectation.

the problem is that in the last 2 weeks we had a really tough time in Israel. i believe you saw a small portion in the news as Israel is not very much interesting for the world.
besides the rockets that landed here (more than 4000), we had a hard time inside Israel with many citizens that took the rules to their hands and did very bad things like stoning people in the streets, stabbing, shooting, and much more. few Israelis were even murdered but this is not the place to discuss it.

anyway, i have also good news. since last Friday we start getting to normal life so yesterday i started to work on the first game i want to make the tutorial.

here is a small preview:

i started only yesterday so it is really just the beginning. i want to talk about several topics like rendering, sprites, tools game developers use, collision detection, and much much more. after finishing the first game + tutorial that will include i guess 5-8 videos i will talk about Box2d and maybe xui2d.

i think that xui2d is the best framework to talk about since we are coding with b4x but my first choice as a game framework would be LibGDX + box2d for Android and iSpriteKit for ios (iSpritekit includes inside already box2d).

so i really hope we (and the whole world) will start seeing better days and hearing only good news so we can concentrate on stuff we really like to do.

so stay tuned b4x gamers ;)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope you also touch on how to use 3D models from Blender3D or unity in our games.

i have not made any 3d games until today so i have no experience with unity and 3d. this is also a much more advance section. sorry will not touch this topics for now (i will need to learn it first and this may take a while)

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i prefear 4D game

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
game almost finished, what is left is a build in level editor + sound effects. i tried to keep it simple as possible but still have cool effects :)

after game is finished i will start with the video tutorial ;)

Last edited:

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This 'BreakOut' looks fantastic for beginners. 👍
Not very simple, neither too complex to learn,

Waiting for the tutorial video.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not very simple, neither too complex to learn,

its getting only more and more complex 😁:

but don't worry it is much simpler than you think. Everything new is complex in the beginning but after a while, you understand the principle and everything starts making sense ;)

i am using b4xPages to make it simpler to convert the game between the platforms. i will finish the level editor (should be done today or tomorrow) then i will add sounds and convert the game for b4i and b4a. i wanted to add powerups like shooting, 3 balls, make the paddle large/small, fireball but i think this will make it only more and more complex.