Games Pinball Game

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
While I'm updating all my games this weekend I had the idea of making a pinball game, so I've been working on a little prototype:
First I'll show you what I have:

I've allways liked pinball, and I've been involved in a lot of pinball projects... I own a virtual pinball machine I did myself years ago, I also was a table maker for Visual Pinball years ago (for those of you who don't know about it, it's a pinball simulator you can program in VBS, more info here) so I've allways wanted to make an approach to a a pinball game
I've made the flippers and bumpers as basic objects, still have to add plunger, slingshots and targets to even look like a game.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks awesome. I've missed exactly that type of pinball game for years. You know, more like Tristan, and less like hysterical 3D engines revolving around some Marvel character.

One thing that comes to mind that I haven't seen is the ability to design your own tables on the device and then send them to the cloud for other people to play and rate. That could make for a lot of content, and long lifespan of the game.

As for the design (textures etc), you could provide a handful of built-in ones that one could pick from, but also allow upload using a special format where you simply cut out the shapes from predefined areas. You know, something like how the texture looks like for Quake guy or a Minecraft player:
1651494742944.png

1651494853199.png

(which looks like this in Minecraft)

cklester

Licensed User
Anybody remember Pinball Construction Set by Electronic Arts? I had it for my Commodore 64. Good times.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello there!
Just wanted to share with you some progress I've made here:

Don't focus on the graphics, as it's still in development (It's supposed to be a basketball themed table... just testing here and there)
I've added a plunger object to launch the ball. 2 slingshots, targets, gates (only one way crossing...)
I still have to add lights, sensors and some logit to even start looking like a game. Maybe ramps...

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Hello there!
Just wanted to share with you some progress I've made here:

Don't focus on the graphics, as it's still in development (It's supposed to be a basketball themed table... just testing here and there)
I've added a plunger object to launch the ball. 2 slingshots, targets, gates (only one way crossing...)
I still have to add lights, sensors and some logit to even start looking like a game. Maybe ramps...

It is really an interesting project
Was it built with the B4X development environments?

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you using any engine for this?
It is really an interesting project
Was it built with the B4X development environments?
Yep, it's B4A using LibGDX and Box2D for the physics
Wow...

you can make it... some kind of pseudo-3D... (difficult)

old days I remember:

or you can make it with moving camera up-down - following the ball..

All your games are very beautiful... bravo!!
I personally prefer a static camera for a pinball simulator, and the playfield fits in the screen perfectly. I can add some 2.5D effect later to add some feel of perspective...

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a little update to show :)

So I changed graphics one more time, added targets and most important: wire ramps!
I've adjusted the overall physics and I still don't feel confortable (as I said before I'm a huge pinball fan and I've played a lot of pinball before) I guess some adjustments and fine tuning will be required
I still have to add real lights and sensors and make some game logic!