Wish AI Advisor - for replacing libraries or techniques / tips

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well... it is something that i was thinking lately...

From the beggining of B4X (b4a) the SDK's change a lot + many new libraries came + new techniques...

If someone is using Forum it is easy to update his/her knowledge... but when someone using b4a b4j only when needed (..hmm i feel - that i am this guy) or what only need not have the whole picture of new commands/libraries/sdk...

So an AI Advisor will help a lot and will make B4X User Interface the BEST of ALL...

- For example someone open a project that made before 2-3 years... using old httputils (A notification with red-orange-yellow) can be under the menu and tip that he can use the newer version for better results... red will be alert because of very old version - yellow will be for not dangerous...

- Other example... there are many ways to get GPS Position - i am not telling what is the best all have the Pros/Negatives + the advisor can show as a tip the other ways too... saying "You can try also, FusedLocation, GPS... blah blah"

- Also can have links to tutorials here or solutions in forum (having more recent up)

Someway this can work in background / searching the web + the code of user and show tips after some seconds or minutes...
It will be cool to search the REMS too - search what the user think... this will make this advisor one step ahead :)

Think about it...

ps: Ofcourse can have an option to just disable - if someone not needed... but 2 lines under basic menu... isn't something tragic because will help user to take decisions

Last edited:

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel Yes i know that... but will be better to notificate user for that with a bar

notificationbar.png

+ the other options... perhaps someone want to make a GPS Solution... when will write the word GPS into source code... will have a tip with new libraries if going to use older or other better way...

...the picture is from internet (i am not saying anything about smells) :)

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
other example... can use it at that AI-Advisor...

check if deprecated methods used in source code... and inform user: You are using a deprecated method (RED, yellow background) - you can use with better way...

Other example... if the user type sql commands advice him using array... like:
B4X:
SQL.ExecNonQuery2("INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (?)", Array(EditText1.Text))
because anything else will be harmful that will be sure: red code :)

You have beautiful examples here

Last edited:

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know ...that... needs too much work... but will be extremely helpful... And will make the work of developer "game"...

if it is difficult to check code and do all that in background - it can be like an option ---> like "optimize code" and give better "ideas" to developer

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User