Goodmorning everyone,

We have often discussed in this forum in different threads about the need to be able to insert XUI from design. We all know that the direction that is suggested by AnyWhere software is to create in the design the native views and then replace B4XView to the type declaration

B4X:
Dim V As BXView 'Label

Clearly many would prefer to be able to do it as a design as understood from the threads, so about a year ago I created the SD_XuiView library that does a sort of wrapping (in reality is not a wrapping but CustomView Class) of the various views (Label, Button, etc.) in respective CustomView for each view by adding some method and animation, like 3D rotations, dragging views, various animations. (See here)

But creating a CustomView for each view has produced a heavy library full of often repetitive classes.
So I thought of creating a single CustomView that allows you to insert a design B4XView allowing you to associate it with any view (Button, CheckBox, ImageView, Label, Panel, ProgressBar, RadioButton, ScrollView, Switch, TextArea, TextField, ToggleButton)

XUI_Design

Author:
Star-Dust
Version: 0.02
  • SDB4XView
    • Functions:
      • BringToFront
      • DesignerCreateView (Base As Object, Lbl As Label, Props As Map)
        Base type must be Object
      • Initialize (Callback As Object, EventName As String)
      • SendToBack
      • SetLayoutAnimated (Duration As Int, Left As Int, Top As Int, Width As Int, Height As Int)
    • Properties:
      • B4XView As B4XView [write only]
        Get or Set View
        eg. SDB4XView1.B4XView=Label
        eg. SDB4XView1.B4XView.Left=0
      • Height
      • Left
      • Top As Int [write only]
      • ViewType As String [write only]
        setViewType("Label","Label1")
      • Visible As Boolean [write only]
      • Width As Int [write only]

The views are created by Design as seen from the image. You can select the view you want from the design
upload_2019-5-10_7-24-29.png

But if you want to change later, you can do it with the command: setViewType(TypeView as String,EventName as String)
B4X:
SDB4XView1.setViewType("Label","Label1")
Or:
B4X:
Dim Label1 As Label
Label1.Initialize("Label1")
SDB4XView1.B4XView=Label1

To reposition the view (or visible/BringToFront/SendToBack) it will be used
B4X:
SDB4XView1.Left = 0
SDB4XView1.Top= 0
SDB4XView1.Width= 0
SDB4XView1.Heigth= 0

SDB4XView1.SetLayoutAnimated(Duration,Left,Top,Width,Height)

SDB4XView1.Visible= True ' Or False
SDB4XView1.BringToFront

For all other methods and properties SDB4XView.B4XView.etc etc
upload_2019-5-11_17-34-57.png

I am sure that not everyone will agree to create a custom View just to save a correction pass in the declarations, others will not find it useful.
I am convinced that it is right that everyone has their opinion and I do not feel offended that it is different from mine.

This library is aimed at those few who like me think it's useful.

Attachments

• XUI_Design.b4xlib
    1.6 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, but I don't see the usefulness of this thing.

If I, by Designer, add a SDB4XView and set it as CheckBox, I will not be able to set its Checked property by Designer.
Same for all specific properties of each native View.

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, but I don't see the utility of this thing.

If I, by Designer, add a SDB4XView and set it as CheckBox, I will not be able to set its Checked property by Designer.
Same for all specific properties of each native View.

Your library would be useful if the Designer were modified in such a way that, when the type of SDB4xView was selected, the specific properties were "refreshed", displayed (and then available) in the "Custom View Properties" section.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Update 0.02

Last edited: