TeamViewer alternative : Source code for sale

yves67

Licensed User
Longtime User
it is not a negative post, I said you helped me, and I appreciate it
my point was that they were no much activity on this post and no sharing of experiences

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
my point was that they were no much activity on this post and no sharing of experiences
Because developers are either still working with the project or developing it more because don't forget this is a Code-To-Buy (Source code) and not a final product meaning you purchase the technology and modify it as you want and not to take the project as is and start selling it online as a final product.

There are users (2 to be exact who are working together) who started modifying this project as a play together game for kids and parents
which i think they will launch it next month in the stores as they mentioned.

JanG

Licensed User
Longtime User
Like @yves67 wrote, it's strange that we can't find any enthusiastic post of this new teamviewer alternative. If I bought this code and I saw that it is working like expected, I would have been said here. But it is silent here... If it does not work, somebody would have been complained here. But nobody complained here, strange...

In the final post there are no new videos about your code and the features.

Can someone , who bought this code, give a reply, if you are satisfied? Or better, can you give a demo (jar/apk) or YouTube-Video to see the success? If I decide to buy this code I don't want to buy the pig in a poke... ;)

Thank you for your understanding...
Jan

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Like @yves67 wrote, it's strange that we can't find any enthusiastic post of this new teamviewer alternative. If I bought this code and I saw that it is working like expected, I would have been said here. But it is silent here... If it does not work, somebody would have been complained here. But nobody complained here, strange...

In the final post there are no new videos about your code and the features.

Can someone , who bought this code, give a reply, if you are satisfied? Or better, can you give a demo (jar/apk) or YouTube-Video to see the success? If I decide to buy this code I don't want to buy the pig in a poke... ;)

Thank you for your understanding...
Jan
Check out the first post and you will see :
1- video demos
2- features
3- updates

and we will upload a full video demo in upcoming days hopefully.

Thank you,
Saif

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tested and confirmed that this project is working. I bought this project and thought it would be useful for me in the future. I am not focusing on this project so I don't have new findings. I am able to compile and run it for PC-to-Android-Phone, PC-to-Android-Emulator and Android-to-Android-Emulator.

My comments are there are some code which causing warnings in log (new version of B4A) but it is easy to update.

I haven't downloaded the new version so I am not sure this is already updated. I think Saif will update the code in next update.

Example:
1. Not all code paths return a value. (warning #2)
2. The recommended value for android:targetSdkVersion is 29 (manifest editor). (warning #31)
3. Library 'B4AAccessibilityServices' is not used. (warning #32)
4. Comparison of Object to other types will fail if exact types do not match.
Better to put the object on the right side of the comparison. (warning #35)

All these warnings are easy to fix.
1. Just add the return value in Resumable sub after Catch. (Note: This is generic code, not intended to reveal source code)
B4X:
Catch
    Log (LastException)
    Return isdone
End Try
2. Change targetSdkVersion = 26 to targetSdkVersion = 29
3. Just untick the unused libraries
4. This warning occurs when you are using the latest version of B4A. Just move the 1 in front of the equal sign will do.
B4X:
' Change this
'If row(2) = 1 Then
' to
If 1 = row(2) Then

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tested and confirmed that this project is working. I bought this project and thought it would be useful for me in the future. I am not focusing on this project so I don't have new findings. I am able to compile and run it for PC-to-Android-Phone, PC-to-Android-Emulator and Android-to-Android-Emulator.

My comments are there are some code which causing warnings in log (new version of B4A) but it is easy to update.

I haven't downloaded the new version so I am not sure this is already updated. I think Saif will update the code in next update.

Example:
1. Not all code paths return a value. (warning #2)
2. The recommended value for android:targetSdkVersion is 29 (manifest editor). (warning #31)
3. Library 'B4AAccessibilityServices' is not used. (warning #32)
4. Comparison of Object to other types will fail if exact types do not match.
Better to put the object on the right side of the comparison. (warning #35)

All these warnings are easy to fix.
1. Just add the return value in Resumable sub after Catch. (Note: This is generic code, not intended to reveal source code)
B4X:
Catch
    Log (LastException)
    Return isdone
End Try
2. Change targetSdkVersion = 26 to targetSdkVersion = 29
3. Just untick the unused libraries
4. This warning occurs when you are using the latest version of B4A. Just move the 1 in front of the equal sign will do.
B4X:
' Change this
'If row(2) = 1 Then
' to
If 1 = row(2) Then
WOW...
What a beautiful, Useful , organized , informative feedback.
Thank you very much aeric! :)

I think Saif will update the code in next update.
By the end of today :)

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
One more finding.
Regarding the following setting in JRDC2 when using MSSQLLocalDB. (This issue does not exist if you are using full version of MS SQL Server and config.properties sample provided in the project)
I use MSSQLLocalDb instead of MS SQL Server and I am getting this error with jRDC2.
B4X:
(RuntimeException) java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot serialize object: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ClobImpl@2f0c91e6

Here is how I fixed it.

I found an alternative way to solve this by adding useLOBs=false (as in the project config.properties)
B4X:
JdbcUrl=jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://10.0.0.4:1433/tvalter;database=tvalter;useLOBs=false;

However, I still prefer to modify RDCHandler.bas to handle the String varchar(MAX) value. So I think either way will work. :)

Edit: Something to do with varchar(MAX) column.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well,

I have to "confirm" that souce code works ! Many features ofcourse like voip chatting not implemented yet... But i think Saif and his team will make their magic. Errors and warnings always there ..is not a ready product for selling... Is just a good example,idea.

From the other hand i think that the scope of this thread was to sell the project.. so if no knowledge can shared ...lock 🔐

So Saif and his team must create a locked-forum at his site not only for support but for users bought it to share their tips.. will be useful.. will help him alot too.

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well,

I have to "confirm" that souce code works ! Many features ofcourse like voip chatting not implemented yet... But i think Saif and his team will make their magic. Errors and warnings always there ..is not a ready product for selling... Is just a good example,idea.

From the other hand i think that the scope of this thread was to sell the project.. so if no knowledge can shared ...lock 🔐

So Saif and his team must create a locked-forum at his site not only for support but for users bought it to share their tips.. will be useful.. will help him alot too.
Thank you for your kind words :)

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Will you create a forum at your site?
Very soon, we are working on 3 projects right now, 1 is due today which we will release :
1-"Hotel Management System" in the B4J forum - Release Today
2- IOS Teamviewer alternative in the IOS forum - Release within 3 weeks
3- Skype & Twitch alternative in the B4A forum - Release within 1-2 weeks

So we will create a forum as soon as possible :)

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
After setting up a test VPS computer in the cloud running Windows Server 2019 with MS SQLExpress and the provided jRDC-project, importing the provided database, and after some fiddling in changing the connection strings in the B4A and B4J client projects, I got it working very well.

I am very impressed with the speed and refresh rate of the images being sent. It's only a bit laggy when connecting from my Android phone to my PC but that is probably because I have a high resolution (3440x1440) on my PC. However, you can change the way the images are transmitted and created so that can surely be overcome. However, the other way around, i.e. connecting to my Android device from the B4J-client (which is perhaps the most common use-case, at least for me) is working fine and is very smooth.

I have already written in the past a project of my own that permits me to control my Android phone from my computer but with fewer features than the Teamviewer Alternative project. From their code, especially the server-code, I have seen some really cool things which I can benefit from.

I haven't finished yet testing but will do so over the next coming days but so far, I am very pleased.
There are surely things that can be improved or things I might have implemented differently but hey, you are buying the sources just for that reason so you can do that on your own.

Overall, well-written code and easy to get up and working...and as they have already shown, support seems to be very good.

I can recommend the purchase of this source-code.