B4J Video Conference / Video Streaming (RTSP H.264) / and webRTC

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What are the advantages of creating an MQTT server instead of one based on websockets?

It's a bit annoying to see your progress... without being able to have the source code (right @Xfood? 😁 )
Two advantages
  • Creating a server with the MQTT library I make it with 3 lines of code and that's it.
  • The next job I will start I have to use MQTT and so I get experience

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
last update

1663267483604.png

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
and I haven't had a nice new source for a while, I'm in a withdrawal crisis ..🙏🙏🙏

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What are the advantages of creating an MQTT server instead of one based on websockets?

From an IoT perspective, MQTT is arguably the better option of the two. This is because Websocket isn't extremely well suited to IoT devices. It was initially designed for the full-duplex communication channel between browsers and servers

A Google search...

Sometimes is 4x times faster...

And ofcourse using it with b4x is super easy...

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
not even for sale?
No, because despite having created the library that does almost everything automatically, it is not easy to make it work and understand the mechanism. I want to avoid them pestering me with questions while I work because they can't get it to work.

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
No, because despite having created the library that does almost everything automatically, it is not easy to make it work and understand the mechanism. I want to avoid them pestering me with questions while I work because they can't get it to work.
ok, for me there is no problem, you know I never bother you, you can send me the source as soon as you complete it. Thank you.😁😁😁😁😁

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know the opposite. However the answer is no.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
On the forum you will find many explanations of Erel on this.
But quickly I can tell you that it is a very simple and fast protocol that has been designed for iot devices, that is, the transmission has a low consumption of Bytes and a great reliability. Undeliverable messages remain on hold and there are three levels of security for message delivery.

Unlike the WebSocket which is 'one to many', MQTT works as 'many to many', similar to a chat, every message sent by a client is automatically forwarded to all those listening on the channel.

Then it is clear that with the appropriate code the WebSocket you can make it work as many to many and also MQTT you can make it work as one to many.

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Unlike the WebSocket which is 'one to many', MQTT works as 'many to many', similar to a chat, every message sent by a client is automatically forwarded to all those listening on the channel.
This can only make the server slower rather than faster.
If the server sends all the messages it receives and passes them on to all the connected clients (then each client must read the message and check if it is useful for it) it doesn't seem like an advantage, far from it.

In my opinion you have more control with a websocket server and no downside.
Implementation with B4J is also just as simple.
Creating a server with the MQTT library I make it with 3 lines of code and that's it.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If the server sends all the messages it receives and passes them on to all the connected clients (then each client must read the message and check if it is useful for it) it doesn't seem like an advantage, far from it.

In my opinion you have more control with a websocket server and no downside.
Implementation with B4J is also just as simple.
It depends on the needs. However, on mqtt auction write on specific channels and receive them only some or only one. However, I need everyone to receive.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
...the server not sends... just open and wait for client (that not means... all client will the same time... but the message will wait - that is good)... it is different layer of TCP and not works the same with http... MQTT brokers have different philosophy... I agree if they are too many clients will be slow... (it depends to the type of app)...

I believe MQTT can help in many APPs...

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@LucaMs We aren't masters... :) (let me think.... may be I am...) you must try it... I have to say that many apps... working better with MQTT... is not the solution to everything but is a good and secure system... (actually can be secure... if ssl exists and some kind of credentials)

some nice words for mqtt (pros and cons):

ps: If you tried once ... you will "love" it :cool:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
First attempts at Directing for H.264 video broadcasts

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif