B4J Question JavaPOS / OPOS - general use, sample code - examples in B4J ?

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there...

I know looking at title - is not so clear what I wanna do... but it would realy help if someone has any example how I will connect to any unified pos device... and I think that will not only help me but others too..

So for example if someone has a way to connect to a Cash Register (usb,rs232,lan) via JavaPOS (with a jar) and not using native RS232, it will be nice to share it here... Examples like printing a receipt with custom text or using ready departments / or ready products of a cash register will also help...
Even anything for "Scale" or simple Fiscal, or POS... examples... sharing it here will also help.

I know that Italian/Spanish Members already lot working with OPOS devices, because many of Fiscal and Cash Register Protocols created there (i think Micrelec/MAT devices are 50% Italian)...

Thanks in advance...
My research is very general for now... but i want to have a different approach for some devices...

ps: Yes we can print with Print JavaFX8 of stevel05 - but sometimes/for example is not enough, especially if the devices have digital signing for identify the receipts...

Last edited:

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I gave up after finding lack of useful resources on this topic.
Most of the communication with hardware or peripherals e.g Customer Display, Cash Drawer and Receipt Printer in my POS system are done using jSerial and JavaObject.

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I gave up after finding lack of useful resources on this topic.
Most of the communication with hardware or peripherals e.g Customer Display, Cash Drawer and Receipt Printer in my POS system are done using jSerial and JavaObject.
In some cases, manuf. sharing or selling capture-app/software that "drive" data or get data from these devices (cash register, drawer, fiscals, etc)... but many companies have the same "chipset" or "firmware" (like Micrelec/MAT Devices,Citizen,Sharp, etc) using ARTS unified - OPOS.. and the logic at all these devices is the same... so will be cool using them "via" JavaPOS..

ps: However... i know that some of those manuf., sometimes need to enable it from their menu-configuration-or-web-interface the protocol of communication (OPOS) and sometimes this enabling only if you buy a code (but this is only for few devices, most have it free)

Upvote 0