Share My Creation Remote Administration via MQTT

msupport.jpg

Hi there...

as IT using a lot Remote Administration Utilities to remote control Windows PCs... but I thought why not creating mine? I will be sure for security, i will not have to pay anyone.... Hey... Where is my "TOOL"... here it is... B4X... (b4j for those who know).

Before some years Saif (sfsameer) shared a project called TeamViewer Alternative - was very good... and the weird... that already thought it (1 year before), with the same way (ffmpeg)...

But the whole idea... wasn't so simple.... need a Server, with SQL... need setup... and a lot of bandwidth... also need to open ports and think how will pass the firewalls... Also was using ffmpeg libs.. make it difficult to understand it.

So I ve think it a lot... how to make a Remote Administration Utility as simple is possible - to understand it everyone with little knowledge and work everywhere !
Remote Administration: PC to PC (one will be Host, one will be Client) - View screen remotely and control with mouse and keyboard...
See the Features...
See new Features here (19/9/2022) - (27/9/2022 newer version at same links) and some screenshots...

Well the solution was in front of me - all - the time... MQTT / capture screen and publish... so simple... from the other client just subscribe and show pictures... simple ???

No extra libs(now-because of features added need some libs), no databases, no special setup, as easy as possible ! You can create your MQTT Server, or use a ready one (for example: https://www.hivemq.com/)!

* Caution: is not the same code with Saif's - I am not having any relationship with sfsameer.

New Video Demonstration of mSupport... (28/9/2022)

OLD Video Demonstration (Playing 200% faster - to not be boring):

Here the Demo executable (needs Windows 7,8,10,11 - 64bit):

Download from Here!!! (OLD)
Go at this post for new one...
Install it.. run it as Administrator (right click - properties - advance - check Run as Admin)..
Caution! this is only for demo purposes... may be you expose your data (using free open mqtt broker) or codes without using the full-source-code and replacing with your MQTT server and credentials... using full source code gives you the option to replace all with SSL protection!

Why "not" giving an Android solution ? - Not giving Android Solution, yet ! (higher level of difficulty)

difficulty-high.png
You must know B4X well...

If you wanna share it with you...

You can "Support" me with 49€
(10% will go at B4X)

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Support and give your Transaction-ID here in thread with post...
I will send the full-source-code via email, PM...

For the moment only B4J code is available.

Last edited:

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
copytest.jpg

OK... now it has File-Transfer (it has many options at code... to make it faster or slower... have in mind the MQTT rules, for big files)
the File Transfer splits file at chunks moving over MQTT (but every MQTT has rules... perhaps number of packets, size of packet...)

Tried with 100MB-200MB worked good...

Progressbar may be need some... adjustments....

Also Ive addedd "recursive" search in directories... to multiple select them and copy files/folders with one move...

ps: May be need some more adjustments... as refreshing directories... after sending or getting files... but for an IT I think it will be helpful!

aminoacid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Transaction ID: 6KK59055CH881910B

Seen the video and love it. Have not tried the Demo yet so just wanted to know if I should try the Demo version or do you have a full version that I can use?
Thanks!

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
View attachment 131430

OK... now it has File-Transfer (it has many options at code... to make it faster or slower... have in mind the MQTT rules, for big files)
the File Transfer splits file at chunks moving over MQTT (but every MQTT has rules... perhaps number of packets, size of packet...)

Tried with 100MB-200MB worked good...

Progressbar may be need some... adjustments....

Also Ive addedd "recursive" search in directories... to multiple select them and copy files/folders with one move...

ps: May be need some more adjustments... as refreshing directories... after sending or getting files... but for an IT I think it will be helpful!

Very interesting function
But during the transfer phase of a large file (for example 1 Gbyte), can communications between other clients take place or do they have to wait for the file transfer to finish?

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very interesting function
But during the transfer phase of a large file (for example 1 Gbyte), can communications between other clients take place or do they have to wait for the file transfer to finish?
Is all about.. right setup... if you wanna have faster speeds of copying (maximizing the block of bytes)... you will see a "slowness" at remote administration...

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Thanks to all !!! - please share your experience - here!

What does it mean?
From the way you write it seems to be all over
I thought the project would continue, with the inevitable integration with Android and iOs
Isn't it?

Last edited:

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I never end with a project.... i feel it like a ghost... following me :)... don't forget that real party starts... after

But iOs... never have completed iOS project... also said that Android version will be nice to created with other members too... as I said... I am in...

Last edited:

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I ve updated the demo... because of some fixes...
Also sent emails again... because I ve seen a small bug at transfer (now working super good in Release version)

...and a small tip... at File Transfer right clicking at view of files selects-deselects all the files/folders (not selected and reverse)

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
It is not clear to me why you don't try to use the Android part of Saif's project to create remote assistance from PC to Android
It would only change the communication channel, from socket (on Saif project the Android sends information continuously on B4J pc program) to mqtt
But all the more complex part, which in my opinion is the tracking of the operator activity on the Android side, would remain intact as it is now
In practice it is about cutting on one side and assembling on your project
A kind of Frankestein App
Only the communications between the two systems need to be adapted

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not clear to me why you don't try to use the Android part of Saif's project to create remote assistance from PC to Android
It would only change the communication channel, from socket (on Saif project the Android sends information continuously on B4J pc program) to mqtt
But all the more complex part, which in my opinion is the tracking of the operator activity on the Android side, would remain intact as it is now
In practice it is about cutting on one side and assembling on your project
A kind of Frankestein App
Only the communications between the two systems need to be adapted
My scope-target is only use internal libs and some inline Java if there isn't b4x solution... in other words I want to offer simple and readable source code for everyone.

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
If you send 19 euros (until the end of the month) I can test the completed project for you 😁😂🤣
I can suggest new ideas and various tips
And having created a media tracking system that used mqtt as a communication protocol between PC and smartphone, I believe I am the right person for this type of activity
Okay, come on, I'll discount 19 euros, send the program and let's see together how to connect it to a smartphone