Android Question start a new thread for new question

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In most of the messages I read from my rss feed, i encounter, this message "start a new thread for new question" from members.

Even I noted few members getting annoyed by this message. But it the Forum rule, and one has to adhere to it.

Fine. Now what I am asking is that, is it possible to start(convert to) a new thread from a message itself ?
Something like "Bookmark Like Reply Make New Thread".

This will help immensely and save our sanity. Obviously it requires changes in Forum code, and may not be a simple job. But if implemented, the member, who is directed to do it, will not feel bad as he/she can quickly convert it to a new thread.

Regards,

Anand

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
is it possible to start(convert to) a new thread from a message itself ?
Not for us users. Maybe a Administrator can do it. Don´t know if there is such funtion in the forumsoftware.
I do not remember to have seen anything like that in the past.

Upvote 0

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
the simplest modification would be a button link to the create-thread page.

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
May be it can be a button as MarkusR said... but who will have this "option" and will press it...

If the new-user had the option - why he didn't press it by the begining ?

by way - searching the html code:
B4X:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/forums/android-questions.26/post-thread?title=[Your%20Title]&message=[Your%20Message]&message_html=[Your%20Message]

but message and message_html - isn't the right way to pre-set the fields...

* May be the users created the thread can have the option to press a button to auto-create the need html to be pressed by the new-user! But will be just a different way to make him read the rulez from start :)

Test:
Sorry, you must create a new thread!

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In most of the messages I read from my rss feed, i encounter, this message "start a new thread for new question" from members.

Even I noted few members getting annoyed by this message. But it the Forum rule, and one has to adhere to it.

Fine. Now what I am asking is that, is it possible to start(convert to) a new thread from a message itself ?
Something like "Bookmark Like Reply Make New Thread".

This will help immensely and save our sanity. Obviously it requires changes in Forum code, and may not be a simple job. But if implemented, the member, who is directed to do it, will not feel bad as he/she can quickly convert it to a new thread.

Regards,

Anand
In this point, I must tell you that you are posting at wrong place... Click here to move your Thread

Upvote 0