Share My Creation Simple Database Application in B4J (a Catalog for Car Parts)

parts-1.jpg

Hi there...

This is a very simple but very helpful application (for those want to know B4X and use it for CRM,CRUD,business general apps etc) I wanna share it with you guys !!!

Well a big reason for that price is in Greek Language... but not difficult to understand the code and what you can replace...

I think the interface is very simple but good enough and is a good start to create a bigger APP or a smaller...

It uses SQLite for database, I demonstating a simple way to use custom search box for b4xtable...
uses b4xtable - b4xdialog - PreferencesDialog...
Especially for b4xtable is using a text file to make easier the form-view of table... very easy to understand it - if open view-tablename.txt - in this file you can change the Name of column, width, type and reformat the table easily !!!!

Is using comma for digits (real comma) not a dot - because of request... but ofcourse you can change it easily if you search the code... this was tricky to change it from dot to comma and work as exe.

Simple, easy to read code - and reuse it again and again...

English or Greek version available...

other screenshots:

parts-2.jpg
parts-3.jpg
parts-4.jpg
parts-5.jpg

What libraries is using exactly - the app:

libs-needed.jpg

All there are intenal libs except (you can avoid them if you want - ofcourse removing some features / or if you turn in B4A inserting some code with IF):
JReflection: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/jreflection-library.35448/ for AddKeyPressedListener... for key navigation at forms... and future key nav. to table...
jAWTRobot: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/jawtrobot-invoke-keyboard-and-mouse-events-etc.55832/#content for replacing Enter to TAB in some cases...

TIP#1

difficulty-low.png
For Novice ...B4X... User !!!

A small support 5$ or more (if you want) to get the source code... and make you own apps in minutes...

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Thanks in advance for supporting !

ps1: 20% of any contribution will go to B4X... (every Friday.. will make transfer - contribute B4X)
ps2: I think that this code easily change for B4A too...

Last edited:

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
bling eg ? ... can i have example (photo) plz ?
Sorry I have never used the b4xtable before, but I have seen that one is able to do something like what I was thinking as seen in this post by customizing it to show other alternating colors for rows etc.

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
donated 5 euros, I'm interested in the english version, thanks

Codice transazione: 20932842713738258

MarrowZero

Licensed User
Hello, I wonder if you built the project the B4XPages "way" ? (I'm struggling for the correct way to describe)

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Magma
Donation made
So I start my first approach with the B4xtable (en. version)

transaction code: 20933953839506213

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, I wonder if you built the project the B4XPages "way" ? (I'm struggling for the correct way to describe)
Yes.. it is B4XPages way... but remember the UI Interface is actually one B4XPage... add button is "public" for any add record... so is easy for end-user...

edit: actually is using the same interface/layout and the same sub-routines for all Tables... so the code is too small and readable... (i think can be smaller... because i have subs inside the code - no needed/used at all - but i think are useful for other apps creating...)

is very simple and i think "clever" way design... (sorry being arrogant)

Last edited:

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Congratulations for the program
Even if the coloring in my opinion is excessively aggressive
I think it could have a greater diffusion, allowing to improve the code, and collect some more donations, if it were freely available
This is because combining the supply of the code with the donation greatly restricts the audience of potential users of the program

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
if it were freely available
Its all good to provide things for free in the spirit of b4x, but its also a dangerous thing to give things for free as it might sound like you don't put value on your work. Its some kind of double edged sword IMHO.

Its very important for "certificates of appreciation" to be given especially when you provide something that one needs. You made someone happy, they should make you happy, a connection of two dreamers.

My two cents.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I usually post ideas, source code and snippets for free... but I feel that always jumped/passed for one reason... so completed solutions (simple or not) I think must have at least a low price...

Custom solutions projects can have higher prices.. are always my target..