Android Example B4Xgoodies_from_walt61 Online

Well,

As JamesGreaves requested,
"So do you not think it would be of value to have even something like @walt61 has created but online?"
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/complete-library-repository-click-here.109921/#post-686347

I got thinking about it. How hard it is to convert walt61's such a good hard work into online.
Converting the given xlsm to Google Sheet gave reload error.
Xls without macro also gave same reload error.
I made csv and tried to open in sheet, still same error.

Finally I opted for csv to html, http://www.convertcsv.com/csv-to-html.htm and then pasted the html text in a new gsheet. Voila it works !

Please note that the information is (c) walt61 and I will remove the link if not authorised to upload a online version of the same.

I just wanted to help fellow members here with an online option of the same.

Update:
version 2019-11-05, total 4870 rows.​
version 2019-11-11, total 4885 rows.​
version 2019-11-18, total 4894 rows.​
version 2019-11-26, total 4904 rows.​
version 2019-12-02, total 4907 rows.​
version 2019-12-09, total 4913 rows.​
version 2019-12-16, total 4923 rows.​
version 2019-12-23, total 4925 rows. Merry Christmas.​
version 2019-12-30, total 4933 rows. Happy New Year.​
version 2020-01-13, total 4945 rows.​
version 2020-01-20, total 4945 rows. No Change.​
version 2020-01-27, total 4953 rows.​
version 2020-02-03, total 4953 rows. No Change.​
version 2020-02-10, total 4969 rows.​
version 2020-02-17, total 4979 rows.​
version 2020-02-24, total 4995 rows.​
version 2020-03-02, total 5006 rows. Crossed 5K !​
version 2020-03-09, total 5014 rows. Happy Holi From India.​
version 2020-03-16, total 5027 rows.​
version 2020-03-23, total 5038 rows. World Lock-down due to Covid 19.​
version 2020-03-30, total 5051 rows. World Lock-down continue.​
version 2020-04-06, total 5066 rows. and World Lock-down continue.​
version 2020-04-14, total 5086 rows. India extended Lock-down till May 3, 2020.​
version 2020-04-20, total 5091 rows. Kinda getting used to working from Home.​
version 2020-04-27, total 5109 rows. Hope the lock down eases by next week.​
version 2020-05-05, total 5122 rows. Non teetotalers get in line, shops opened now.​
version 2020-05-11, total 5129 rows. Our locality in red zone now. Movement restricted.​
version 2020-05-18, total 5143 rows. Summer temperatures soaring and Covid too !!​
version 2020-05-26, total 5163 rows. Cyclone Ampham destroyed trees, electricity and our life line internet :(
version 2020-06-02, total 5178 rows. Life is limping back to whatever is left.​
version 2020-06-08, total 5198 rows. Covid, Ampham, Summer Heat ! What Next ?​
version 2020-06-15, total 5217 rows. If you living in peace now then you are gifted.​
version 2020-06-22, total 5225 rows. Still working from Home. Getting Office-sick​
version 2020-06-29, total 5234 rows. WOW ! Number of rows are now sequential ! Nearly !!​
version 2020-07-06, total 5243 rows. It is routine now.​
version 2020-07-14, total 5265 rows. B4A is version 10 ! now and have Cross Platform B4XPages !!​
version 2020-07-20, total 5276 rows. Everybody is going about their jobs now, with Mask on.​
version 2020-07-27, total 5290 rows. On / Off / On / Off i.e. Lock Down.​
version 2020-08-03, total 5307 rows. Today is Raksha Bandhan (India). Bonding Sister and Brother relationship.​
version 2020-08-10, total 5322 rows. Everything going on-line now. From Education to Shopping.​
version 2020-08-17, total 5335 rows. Celebrations are also now on-line !​
version 2020-08-24, total 5348 rows. WHO says COVID19 will not last long now. Phew !​
version 2020-08-31, total 5357 rows. Covid recovery rate is more than death rate now Thanks.​
version 2020-09-07, total 5373 rows. Not getting time to develop in B4X and it is frustrating than Covid lock down !!​
version 2020-09-14, total 5377 rows. Metro (Kolkata, India) starts at last, but with e-Pass !​
version 2020-09-21, total 5392 rows. Covid Pandemic still not over !!​
version 2020-09-28, total 5408 rows. Most people are going about there works, normally. Many without masks.​
version 2020-10-05, total 5416 rows. Political clashes everywhere in India. People forgot Covid !!​

The direct link of the sheet is given in Post#21

Regards,

Anand

Last edited:

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (23 Aug 2021 to 30 Aug 2021)

B4XFTPFTP Server implemented with Socket and AsyncStreams [B4X]This is an example of using low level network features to implement a high level protocol. It is an implementation of a standard FTP server. You can use standard FTP client programs to send or receive files. As it is based on AsyncStreams and it can handle multiple concurrent connections. It is compatible with B4J, B4i and B4A.Note that only passive mode (which is the preferred method) is implemented.
B4XTable/GridSD FlexGrid [B4X] [XUI]I created a new library to show a table (or grid) similar to the one in EXCEL. There are already excellent classes that allow many to accomplish things, such as xCustomListView (by Erel) and with the FlexibleTable (by Klaus). I wanted to make something slightly different suited to my needs.
B4JDatabaseSQLite JDBC - Library version updatesSQLite JDBC - Library version updates
B4JTable/GridCustomListView multiselections for desktopCustomListView multiselections for desktop
B4IInteropShare data from your app with ActivityViewControllerActivityViewController allows the user to share data from your app using the standard share dialog. It was added in iPhone library v2.00.
B4JDatabaseNew sqlite-jdbc version 3.36.0.2 [2021.08.25]New sqlite-jdbc version 3.36.0.2 [2021.08.25]
B4AB4AStart AndroidStudio Emulator from B4ASince the B4A integrated AVD Manager doesnt work for me , im using the Emulator of the Android Studio. To avoid opening the AS IDE everytime, im using the B4A Comment links to start the emulator directly.
B4XHome automationGarage Door Opener (with source code)Attached a B4A and a B4R app. You will need an ESP8266 and a remote. The ESP8266 sends a FCM message to the B4A app when someone rings the bell. From the B4A app, you can send a mqtt message to the ESP to close the contacts of a remote to open a garage door. You can send the mqtt message from the app or from a widget.
B4IFile handlingList of methods to access external resources or share to external appsThere are all kinds of ways to share files with other apps or access external resources. Here is a short summary of the available methods.
B4JB4JUsing the Within Class Full Access Feature [Example]Using the Within Class Full Access Feature [Example]
B4XBCTextEngineBCTextEngine / BBCodeView - Text engine + BBCode parser + Rich Text View [B4X] [BETA]This is a cross platform library with several features:
- Text drawing engine.
- Text layout engine.
- BBCode parser.
- A custom view that connects everything.
B4ATextviewMetroUI_TextView [B4A] [B4i] [XUI]We have made our first special component and put it into use. We Have No Expectations. If you want, you can take the codes with winrar and open B4Xlib codes, edit and duplicate them. Because Sharing is Good.
B4JDatabasejtds jdbc driver with standalone packagejtds jdbc driver with standalone package
B4XChartsxChart Class [B4X] [XUI]Learning B4XViews and XUI, I wrote this CustomView xChart Class.
It works on all three products: B4A, B4i and B4J.
The xChart.bas file is located in the B4J and shared, relative link, in B4A and B4i.
The code is exactly the same, one class file, for all three products.

It is an evolution of Erels' Android Charts Framwork.

It has automatic scales, automatic text size according to the chart size.
These can also be set manually.

Demoprograms for all three products.
Tested on PC, Android Samsung S6, Samsung Tab S2, iPhone 6 and iPad.
B4XDatabaseRecordSet: A class that extends the functionality of lists of same length arrays [B4X] [class]A recordset is a data structure that consists of a collection of database records. The RecordSet Class (Standard) adds the following functions to standard recordsets, without the use of a database such as MySQL or SQLite:
1. Named fields or alternatively loading external .csv/.txt files with field headers
2. Auto-detection of field type (numeric, categorical, or date)
3. Full indexing - all values in all fields are indexed (surprisingly, this works for recordsets up to 50000 records or more, depending on number of fields)
4. Sorting (Up/Down, Numeric/Categorical/ Date) (The indexing function uses B4XOrderedMaps, which are sorted during initialization, and after changes)
5. Searching
6. Filtering to subsets
7. Inserting, Deleting, Replacing records
8. Cloning
9. Data Summaries (descriptive statistics of any field (whether numeric, categorical, or date)
B4AFTPAndroid FTP tutorialAndroid FTP tutorial
B4JComms & NetworkSetting a dynamic address IP in namecheap. Program + sourceSetting a dynamic address IP in Namecheap.com. Program + source
B4AB4ABasicIDE Suite 3 - Now further improvedSignificant changes from BasicIDE Suite version 2
B4JB4J ServerSpark Framework POCSpark Framework POC to map a dynamic URL in a Server Handler
B4AFirebaseCrashlytics - crash reportsCrashlytics is a crash reporting service similar to FirebaseCrash. It is part of Firebase services and it will probably replace FirebaseCrash at some point. It requires B4A v7.8+.
B4JBAnanoVuetify WebSites & WebApps with BANano for Dummies [BANanoVuetifyAD]Vuetify WebSites & WebApps with BANano for Dummies [BANanoVuetifyAD]
B4AComms & NetworkInternet / Website wait for connection and keep trying X timesInternet / Website wait for connection and keep trying X times
B4AWebViewWebViewExtras Examples for beginnersWebViewExtras Examples for beginners
B4XProgress/Gauge/LoadingxGauges Class [B4X] [XUI]Having seen this thread fuel gauge, it challenged me and I wrote this CustomView xGauges Class. It works on all three products: B4A, B4i and B4J. The xGauges.bas file is located in the B4J project and shared, relative link, in B4A and B4i. The code is exactly the same, one class file, for all three products.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (30 Aug 2021 to 06 Sep 2021)
B4ATable/GridxCLV with Navigation ButtonsA modified xCLV to display navigation button to scroll up or down to bottom.
B4XImagesUse WebView to show large images [B4X]Use WebView to show large images [B4X]
B4XComboboxComboBoxPlus - ComboBox with individual color configurable items [B4X]ComboBoxPlus - ComboBox with individual color configurable items [B4X]
B4AImagesProfessional picture downloaderProfessional picture downloader
B4JAI/MLLibrary or Question [NLP]In this tutorial we will try to detect whether the text belongs to a question thread or a library thread.
B4AImagesA Simple Way to Diplay Gif ImagesA Simple Way to Diplay Gif Images (in a WebView)
B4JAI/MLSentiment analysis [NLP]The "sentiment" feature in the example project, uses NLP document categorizer feature to find whether the text is negative or positive.
B4JHome automationFrench smartmeter LinkyFrench smartmeter Linky
B4JAI/MLOpenNLP - Text analysis [NLP]OpenNLP - Text analysis [NLP]
B4ALabelLEDLabel 1.01This allows you to make a label with tiny indicator on left which can be turned on or off (with any choice of color)

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (06 Sep 2021 to 13 Sep 2021)

B4XChartsxGraph Class and b4xlib [B4X] [XUI]The xGraph Class and B4XLib allows graphic analysis of signals. The graph holds a given number of curves (10 by default) with a given number of samples (10000 by default) these values can be defined in the Designer. All curves have the same number of samples with the same X signal.
B4XB4XSD XUIView2 [B4X] [XUI]the second series of XUI Views
B4XB4XB4XExecCondLM [B4X] [B4XLib]Call a sub from a list using variable parameters/conditions
B4IImagesZoomable ImageView [custom view]Zoomable ImageView [custom view]
B4XComboboxComboBoxPlus - ComboBox with individual color configurable items [B4X]ComboBoxPlus - ComboBox with individual color configurable items [B4X]
B4JDatabasejRDC2jRDC2 - B4J implementation of RDC (Remote Database Connector)
B4AWebViewWebViewAssetLoader - the demoQuestions about webview's failing to load local resources under sdk30 are starting to pop up occasionally. What it boils down to is google wants you to use the https:// scheme to load local resources into webviews. This is a problem if you don't run a secure server on the same device as the app.
B4XBCTextEngineBCTextEngine / BBCodeView - Text engine + BBCode parser + Rich Text View [B4X] [BETA]This is a cross platform library with several features:
- Text drawing engine.
- Text layout engine.
- BBCode parser.
B4IButtonBarbutton eventsBarbutton events
B4XB4XB4X Help programB4X Help program
B4AAudio/VideoGet resolution of video from fileGet resolution of video from file
B4XLinuxUsing/running B4A and/or B4J on 64 bit Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon with 64 bit Wine [B4X]Using/running B4A and/or B4J on 64 bit Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon with 64 bit Wine [B4X]
B4XDatabasejRDC2 + MySql CRUD + Login [B4XPages]jRDC2 + MySql CRUD + Login [B4XPages]
B4JB4JABBackgroundWorkers [extracted from jServer]This library is just an extraction of the Background Worker functionality in the jServer library. I needed this functionality but did not want to include the whole Jetty part.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (13 Sep 2021 to 20 Sep 2021)

B4AList- and scrollviewCLVNested - Allows nesting CLVsPutting a CLV inside another one will not work out of the box. The inner list will not be scrollable. CLVNested makes it possible. Limitations:
- One list per item.
- The user will not be able to interact with the inner list views.
- Will not work with other extensions that "steal" the touch events such as CLVSwipe.
B4JFile handlingThe Ultimate File Management PHP Functions The Ultimate File Management PHP Functions
B4XB4XpagesB4XPages + B4XDrawer [B4X]B4XPages + B4XDrawer [B4X]
B4ACameraIntent Based CameraThis example uses an intent to take a picture with the default camera app. It is based on this tutorial: https://developer.android.com/training/camera/photobasics.html
B4AMenuCreate SlideMenu with 2 PanelCreate SlideMenu with 2 Panel
B4XMenuCreate SlideMenu with B4XDrawerCreate SlideMenu with B4XDrawer
B4AFile handlingFile ChooseFile Choose
B4AGoogleAdd In App Purchases on the fly to your B4A and B4i projects [CHARGEABLE] [Class][Class] Add In App Purchases on the fly to your B4A and B4i projects [CHARGEABLE]
B4AAudio/VideoExoPlayer - MediaPlayer / VideoView AlternativeExoPlayer is an open source project that replaces the native MediaPlayer and VideoView types. It supports more media formats, it is more powerful and more customizable.
B4JPrintSD: Bluetooth Printer B4JBT_Printer library allows you to print text (and soon image) to a bluetooth thermal printers. It is similar to the BT_Printer library for Android, and implementations, events and methods are almost identical. We are working to have the same library for all platforms. On iOS it will be different because it uses BLE, but we will try to standardize the use.
B4AIRC / IMFull Chat [NovaChat]Full Chat [NovaChat]
B4APrintSD: Bluetooth PrinterPrint text on bluetooth thermal printers.
B4JB4JSD: XUI_DragView [B4A] [XUI]This library handles drag and drop of XUI views. It is a simple library with few methods but it only serves to drag the space already indicated.
B4IImagesZoomable ImageView [custom view]Zoomable ImageView [custom view]
B4JDatabasePostgreSQL - fetch size when selecting from a large tablePostgreSQL - fetch size when selecting from a large table
B4JOSGet Unique hardware ID + Lib [b4j]Get Unique hardware ID + Lib [b4j]
B4XThemeLight theme B4XDateTemplate [B4X]Example of customizing B4XDialog and B4XDateTemplate.
B4XViews - additionalXUI Views - Cross platform views and dialogs [B4X]XUI Views is a b4x library (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/100383/#content). The same b4xlib library is compatible with B4A (v8.8+), B4J (v7.0+) and B4i (TBD+). It is a collection of custom views and dialogs. Everything is written in B4X. The source code is included inside the b4xlib file, which is a zip file.
B4XB4XABMaterial B4xgoodiesB4xgoodies is a scraping util made by @walt61 to search for libs/snippets/tutorials from a XLSM downloadable file via Dropbox (updated every week or so) I'd want to learn ABMaterial, so I've adapted the existing B4J app to a ABMaterial Webapp; I'd think it could be a easier task but ABMaterial is so huge ! (but also so powerful, thanks to the incredible work of @alwaysbusy )
B4XB4XB4Xgoodies_from_walt61 OnlineWeb based version of the B4Xgoodies Excel workbook
B4XB4XB4Xgoodies ExcelYou're looking at it: a maintained library/class/code module/... inventory
B4XB4XB4Xgoodies viewer in B4JViewer program for the B4Xgoodies Excel workbook

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (20 Sep 2021 to 27 Sep 2021)

B4ASpeechSpeechRecognitionNoUI - google speech recognition without popupWith this, you can add speech recognition feature to your application without google speech recognition popup
B4RStringsrURL - UrlEncode and UrlDecodeAllows you to UrlEncode and UrlDecode strings in order to use them in URLs
B4APermissionsPermission Dialog Won't DisplayPermission Dialog Won't Display
B4AUI designOnline Course App UI Example + Source Code [UI] [B4A]Online Course App UI Example + Source Code [UI] [B4A]
B4RSerial commrSPISPI library for Arduino
B4JBAnanoNew object BANanoRouter [BANano]New object BANanoRouter [BANano]
B4JBAnanoUsing Background Workers in your WebApps [introduction] [BANano]Using Background Workers in your WebApps [introduction] [BANano]
- Text drawing engine.
- Text layout engine.
- BBCode parser.
B4JTable/GridCustomListView multiselections for desktopCustomListView multiselections for desktop
B4APaymentPaystack B4A Android LibraryThis is a library for easy integration of Paystack with your Android application with B4A.
B4JBAnanoVuetify WebSites & WebApps with BANano for Dummies [BANanoVuetifyAD]Vuetify WebSites & WebApps with BANano for Dummies [BANanoVuetifyAD]
B4XImagesAdding ImageViews above HugeImageView [B4X]Adding ImageViews above HugeImageView [B4X]
B4AAudio/VideoExoPlayer - MediaPlayer / VideoView AlternativeExoPlayer is an open source project that replaces the native MediaPlayer and VideoView types. It supports more media formats, it is more powerful and more customizable.
B4JPrintSD: Bluetooth Printer B4JBT_Printer library allows you to print text (and soon image) to a bluetooth thermal printers. It is similar to the BT_Printer library for Android, and implementations, events and methods are almost identical. We are working to have the same library for all platforms. On iOS it will be different because it uses BLE, but we will try to standardize the use.
B4XB4XA Hierarchical Class Generator [B4X]Generates data manipulation classes (source code, .bas modules) based on a string that describes the data structure
B4AImagesHugeImageView - show very large imagesHugeImageView - show very large images
B4XChartsxChart Class [B4X] [XUI]Learning B4XViews and XUI, I wrote this CustomView xChart Class.
The xChart.bas file is located in the B4J and shared, relative link, in B4A and B4i.

B4AList- and scrollviewCLVNested - Allows nesting CLVsPutting a CLV inside another one will not work out of the box. The inner list will not be scrollable. CLVNested makes it possible. Limitations:
- One list per item.
- The user will not be able to interact with the inner list views.
- Will not work with other extensions that "steal" the touch events such as CLVSwipe.
B4JFile handlingThe Ultimate File Management PHP FunctionsThe Ultimate File Management PHP Functions

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (27 Sep 2021 to 04 Oct 2021)

B4ATable/GridTableView classThe Table class allows you to show tables of any sizes. The views (labels) are reused to avoid creating many views.
B4JBAnanoUsing Background Workers in your WebApps [introduction] [BANano]Using Background Workers in your WebApps [introduction] [BANano]
B4XAudio/VideoSimpleMediaManager [SMM] - framework for images, videos and more [B4X]SimpleMediaManager [SMM] - framework for images, videos and more [B4X]
B4JBAnano1. Perform CRUD Offline, 2. Sync to Cloud and 3. Relax [BANanoRelax]1. Perform CRUD Offline, 2. Sync to Cloud and 3. Relax [BANanoRelax]
B4AIcons / fontsMaterial Design Icons [Update B4A / B4J]Material Design Icons [Update B4A / B4J]
B4XB4XpagesLock screen orientation based on how device is held when App is started. [B4XPages]Lock screen orientation based on how device is held when App is started. [B4XPages]
B4JAudio/VideoMediaView - video playerThis library includes two custom views: MediaView and MediaViewController. MediaView can play local and remote videos and music. The native JavaFX MediaView doesn't include a controller interface. I've implemented one. You can use it or create your own. Tip: the controller code and layout are inside the b4xlib file.
B4XB4XpagesB4XPages - Simple tip for referencing pagesB4XPages - Simple tip for referencing pages
B4JBAnanoRunning Cron Jobs [in the background] [BANano] [v7]Running Cron Jobs [in the background] [BANano] [v7]
B4AOthercovid-19 with source Italiacovid-19 with source Italia
B4ASearchViewSearchView classMore powerful alternative to AutoCompleteEditText
B4AOtherStateManager - Helps managing Android applications settings and stateStateManager - Helps managing Android applications settings and state
B4JABMaterialTemplate [ABMaterial]Template [ABMaterial]
B4XImagesB4XGifView - Cross platform animated gif view [B4X]I was missing a cross platform, animated gif view, so created one.
B4AB4ABasicIDE Suite 3 - Now further improvedSignificant changes from BasicIDE Suite version 2
B4ICertificateSSL Certificate PinningCertificate pinning is a security feature. When set, the app will only accept the listed, per-domain, certificates. This is usually not needed as certificates must have a valid certificate chain up to the trusted root.
B4APickerClsWheel Input wheels [Class]ClsWheel Input wheels [Class]
B4XDialogsTrie based search dialog [B4X]Trie based search dialog [B4X]
B4XMQTTMQTT - Connect & Reconnect [B4X]The ConnectAndReconnect sub takes care of connecting to the broker and reconnecting if the connection has broken. It sends a "ping" request every 5 seconds to help the MQTT client recognize network failures. It is a nice example of how Wait For and Sleep can help to manage the network state which is completely asynchronous. The ConnectAndReconnect sub will keep running until you set the working variable to False.
B4JSocialsendPhoto with telegramsendPhoto with telegram

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (04 Oct 2021 to 12 Oct 2021)

B4XViews - additionalAS Swipe Card - a tinder like swipeable card view [B4X] [XUI]AS Swipe Card - a tinder like swipeable card view [B4X] [XUI]
B4AImagesImageDownloader ServiceSimple way to efficiently download multiple images
B4ASpeechSpeechToText - Continuous Offline Voice RecognitionThis is a wrapper of Acephei VOSK , With this, you can add continuous offline speech recognition feature to your application.
B4JCompressionZip4J - Library version updatesZip4J - Library version updates
B4RComms & NetworkESP32 PingESP32 Ping
B4AB4ABasicIDE Suite 4 - Now even further improvedBasicIDE Suite 4 - Now even further improved
B4AOthercovid-19 with source Italiacovid-19 with source Italia
B4AAnimationAndroid View Animations LibraryAndroid View Animations Library
B4JRaspberry PiTurn your Raspberry Pi into a print Server and use it with B4JTurn your Raspberry Pi into a print Server and use it with B4J
B4XPreferencesB4XPreferencesDialog - Cross platform forms [B4X]B4XPreferencesDialog makes it easy to create dialogs with all kinds of input fields.
B4ADialogsDialogs2 library - an update to the original Dialogs libraryI wrote the original Dialogs library many moons ago and it has suffered with age owing to the changes made to Android and B4A over the years despite the administrations of several other people.

Although modal dialogs are deprecated in general they are still very convenient for use with my BasicIDE on-device development environment which does not implement Wait For, although there is an ugly workaround. Therefore I have taken the Dialogs v4.01 source code and updated it into a new Dialogs2 library.

Every dialog, except CustomLayoutDialog now supports both Show and ShowAsync. In past editions of B4A events raised by views on a CustomDialog or CustomDialog2 would run while the dialog was shown modally but over the years Erel has had to change the Msgbox mechanism as Android has (d)evolved and now custom dialogs that relied on events from views on the dialog no longer work as expected. For example in the reworked CustomDialog2 example in the DialogsDemo file the ListView ItemClick no longer works when Show is invoked but is fine with ShowAsync while a Button Click works in both cases.
B4XAudio/VideoSimpleMediaManager [SMM] - framework for images, videos and more [B4X]SimpleMediaManager [SMM] - framework for images, videos and more [B4X]
B4AImagesTop sites example [SMM]This example uses SimpleMediaManager to show a list of 400 top sites, based on Alexa dataset.
B4JMathsLibrary scienceThe library at the moment has:
1. constants - physical, chemical constants, etc. - 48 element
2. EnergyConvert - energy converter between J,Hz,K,eV,u - 37 patterns
3. Math - mathematical formulas - 38 patterns
4. Physics - formulas related to physics divided into subcategories by prefix. - 75 patterns
- DYN_ - dynamics
- ELE_ - electricity
- KIN_ - kinetics
- MAG_ - magnetism
- WAV_ - waves and vibrations
- TER_ - thermodynamitics
B4IB4IApple: Account deletion within apps required starting January 31Apple: Account deletion within apps required starting January 31
B4AFirebaseFirebaseNotificationsPush messages / Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM)
B4AFile xferTransfer files across memory boundaryA simple example of moving files across the internal/external memory boundary. E.g. transferring a CSV file from an external location to an internal folder to load a database in the App.
B4XAction Bar, Drawer, etcxSidebarView [B4X]A Customview to create a simple Sidebar. Its a modified xCustomlistView and works great with B4X Drawer. You can add 4 types of elements: Header, Seperator, headlines and items. As Itemicon you can use Bitmaps, Fontawesome or Material Icon.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (12 Oct 2021 to 18 Oct 2021)

B4AWebViewUltimateWebViewWebView with additional methods and events
B4XAnimationEasing Functions [B4X]Code module containing 22 Ease In/out functions
B4JPrintB4j Print JavaFX8Here is a B4j library written in B4j to access the full Printer modules provided with JavaFX8. Full source code is available.
B4ASocialWhatsApp callStart a WhatsApp call from your app
B4AB4ALaunching a TextEditor with a parameter on startup [SOLVED]Launching a TextEditor with a parameter on startup [SOLVED]
B4JDatabasejRDC2 Adding & Using Custom Queries EasilyjRDC2 Adding & Using Custom Queries Easily
B4ASocialFacebook Audience Network LibraryFacebook Audience Network Library
B4AB4AMy contributions to the communityMy contributions to the community
B4AB4ABasicIDE Suite 4 - Now even further improvedBasicIDE Suite 4 - Now even further improved
B4JUI designTab stop order on B4X formsTab stop order on B4X forms
B4XViews - additionalAS Swipe Card - a tinder like swipeable card view [B4X] [XUI]AS Swipe Card - a tinder like swipeable card view [B4X] [XUI]
B4AContactswmContactsUtils - enhanced ContactsUtils [B4A] [Class] [Contacts]wmContactsUtils - enhanced ContactsUtils [B4A] [Class] [Contacts]
B4AB4AB4A-Bridge --> How to Install and Get it Working! [Solution - Windows 10 & Android 10!!]B4A-Bridge --> How to Install and Get it Working! [Solution - Windows 10 & Android 10!!]

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (18 Oct 2021 to 25 Oct 2021)

B4JDatabaseConnecting to Firebird using JayBird 3.0.11Connecting to Firebird using JayBird 3.0.11
B4XCalendarAS CalendarAdvanced - OneRow/FiveRow Calendar - Expand and Collapse [B4X] [XUI]AS CalendarAdvanced - OneRow/FiveRow Calendar - Expand and Collapse [B4X] [XUI]
B4XViewPagerAS View Pager based on xCustomListView [B4X] [XUI]AS View Pager based on xCustomListView [B4X] [XUI]
B4JBAnanoPHP File Management for BANano [BANanoPhpFileAPI]PHP File Management for BANano [BANanoPhpFileAPI]
B4JBAnanoAdvanced List/Array Manipulation [BANanoCollectJS]Advanced List/Array Manipulation [BANanoCollectJS]
B4AMenuFlowMenu - Sleek Animated Menu [B4A]FlowMenu - Sleek Animated Menu [B4A]
B4XComboboxSD_xComboBox [B4X] [XUI]SD_xComboBox [B4X] [XUI]
B4AEmulator/VMNow you can debug android app directly under Windows11Now you can debug android app directly under Windows11
B4RLegorLegoinoBoostThis B4R library wraps the Boost methods of the Legoino Library. The rLegoinoBoost library enables controlling the LEGO® Motorized Hub (MoveHUB) from the LEGO Creative Toolbox 17101.
B4JBAnanoInstalling class templates to speed up development [BANanoVuetifyAD3]Installing class templates to speed up development [BANanoVuetifyAD3]

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (25 Oct 2021 to 01 Nov 2021)

B4XB4XpagesB4XPages - Transition Class [B4X] [XUI]A simple example on how to use the b4xpages transition class
B4JProgress/Gauge/LoadingMedusa Gauges [with inline Java Code]Draw up to 25 different Gauges with basically the same B4J code

B4XViewPagerAS ViewPagerNative based on AHViewPager and iTabstrip [B4X] [XUI]The goal was to create a cross-platform viewpager based on existing viewpagers. Since AHViewPager and iTabstrip are very different, the view helps to create a unified interface.
B4ADate/timeMetroUI_TimeEdit [B4A] [B4i]A component that can be useful if you are dealing with time zones. You can manage Hours - Minutes and Seconds as you wish.
B4JDatabaseRun jRDC2 as a service...Run jRDC2 as a service...
B4AGPS/location/mapsGet click data on polylines, polygons, and circles. [B4A] [GoogleMap]Get click data on polylines, polygons, and circles. [B4A] [GoogleMap]
B4AExampleReal State App UI Example + Source Code [UI] [B4A]Real Estate App UI Example + Source Code [UI] [B4A]
B4IB4IB4i Change Log (versions history)B4i Change Log (versions history)
B4AMailPHPMailerPHPMailer(https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer) is a code library to send emails safely and easily via PHP code from a web server. This B4A Library is to allow sending of Emails in B4A Apps with online PHP servers.
B4RSerial commrSPISPI library for Arduino
B4XCheckboxAS Checkbox [B4X] [XUI]AS Checkbox [B4X] [XUI]
B4RB4RCables [AWG - Surface - Diameter]Cables [AWG - Surface - Diameter]
B4JPrintPrinting pdf documentsPrinting pdf documents
B4XCalendarAS CalendarAdvanced - OneRow/FiveRow Calendar - Expand and Collapse [B4X] [XUI]AS CalendarAdvanced - OneRow/FiveRow Calendar - Expand and Collapse [B4X] [XUI]
B4XTabStripAS SegmentedTab [B4X] [XUI]AS SegmentedTab [B4X] [XUI]
B4JDatabaseConnecting to Firebird using JayBird 3.0.11Connecting to Firebird using JayBird 3.0.11

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (01 Nov 2021 to 15 Nov 2021)

B4JBAnanoGenerate massive amounts of fake data for your BANano projects [SithasoFaker]Generate massive amounts of fake data for your BANano projects [SithasoFaker]
B4JhttpSynchronous HTTP Request LibraryA simple convenience library for using a HttpURLConnection to make requests and access the response.
B4XViews - additionalThe xInstrumentationStateIndicator purpose is to display a device state or to set a device state via touch or mouse click. A device could be basically anything which can have a state true or false.xInstrumentationStateIndicator [B4X] [CustomView Class]
B4XList- and scrollviewSD XUIScrollView2D [B4X] [XUI]SD XUIScrollView2D [B4X] [XUI]
B4AMailTBirdSync: Thunderbird contacts/calendar/tasks mirroring from PC to Android (sources included)TBirdSync: Thunderbird contacts/calendar/tasks mirroring from PC to Android (sources included)
B4AWebViewUltimateWebView Custom ViewDownloading files, webrtc service, geolocation service, uploading files from local memory, uploading files from the camera, using javascripts, etc.
B4XMenuAS PopupMenuAdvanced based on xCustomListView [B4X] [XUI]This is a PopupMenu with a xCustomListView, so you can add simply new rows. And also add build in separator or title without having to worry about it yourself.
B4XMenuAS PopupMenuAdvanced - ComboBox [B4X]This is a small example to demonstrate what is possible with the beautiful view.
B4RhttpraWOTI was looking for a web server working with B4R and i found a good candidate with aWOT library for arduino.
B4XMenuAS Tab Menu [Bottom Menu] [B4X] [XUI]A better, simpler, faster and scalable Tab/Bottom-Menu
B4XPreferencesB4XPreferencesDialog - Cross platform forms [B4X]B4XPreferencesDialog makes it easy to create dialogs with all kinds of input fields.
B4JDatabaseHow to enable remote connection to a MySQL database on phpMyAdminHow to enable remote connection to a MySQL database on phpMyAdmin
B4XMenuAS Bottom Menu V2 [B4X] [XUI]This is the V2 of the ASBottomMenu, with more Features, less code than the V1, B4X optimized and more... Why a new thread for this? Because i have develope the class from the ground new, the event names etc. have been changed. The V2 is not compatible with the V1.
B4JLinuxWebminLinux tool that you can use it to administer your linux machines from your browser
B4AOtherCovidPass - the readerDecodes a Covid pass QR code
B4XHome automationwmKODI - control KODI [formerly XBMC] from B4X [B4X][Class]wmKODI - control KODI [formerly XBMC] from B4X [B4X][Class]
B4JDatabaseResultCursor: cursor-like SQLite database object for compatibility with Android Cursor [Class]ResultCursor: cursor-like SQLite database object for compatibility with Android Cursor [Class]
B4JAudio/VideojOpenCV with IP-camerasjOpenCV with IP-cameras
B4XViews - additionalxInstrumentationMeter [B4X] [CustomView Class]Display a meter value or to set a meter value via touch or mouse click.
B4XLabelBBScrollingLabel - rich text scrolling label [B4X]BBScrollingLabel is similar to XUI Views ScrollingLabel, however it is based on BCTextEngine and can therefore display formatted text.
B4JABMaterialTemplate [ABMaterial]Template [ABMaterial]
B4AOtherAmazing Order Taking App [Installation Guide]Amazing Order Taking App [Installation Guide]
B4AOtherSupermarket, Restaurant, Pharmacy, Store Delivery [Installation Guide] [B4A]Supermarket, Restaurant, Pharmacy, Store Delivery [Installation Guide] [B4A]
B4XViews - additionalxLevelIndicator [B4X] [CustomView Class]The xLevelIndicator purpose is to monitor the level of a device, like Battery (%), Voltage (V), Tank Level (m3) and more.
B4JB4JIntegrated B4JPackager11 - The simple way to distribute standalone UI appsB4JPackager11 is a utility written in B4J that uses the underlying Java tools to create a standalone package that doesn't depend on any other software being installed. It works with OpenJDK 11 and OpenJDK 14. Starting from B4J v8.30 it is integrated in the IDE and available under Project - Build Standalone Package.
B4AFile handlingManage External Storage - access internal external storage > SDK 30A class that lets apps on SDK 30 and higher devices treat the file store as a real file store and not some dumbed down abstracted thing.
B4APaymentPaystack B4A Android LibraryThis is a library for easy integration of Paystack with your Android application with B4A.
B4ARaspberry PiRasberry Pi4Installing Android 10 on the Raspberry 4
B4XCheckboxAS Checkbox [B4X] [XUI]AS Checkbox [B4X] [XUI]
B4XLabelASLabel - CrossPlatform Label [B4X] [XUI]This is a simple label view, in IOS roundings are removed when resizing or colors are not displayed properly. This can be fixed by placing a panel under the label, this view does the work for you. Just set the properties you want in the designer like in a normal label.
B4JDatabaseMSSQL database Connection: inline-Java versionMSSQL database Connection: inline-Java version
B4JBAnanoDeploying BANanoServer on Windows HTTP [BANanoVuetifyAD3]Deploying BANanoServer on Windows HTTP [BANanoVuetifyAD3]
B4JBAnanoDeploying BANanoServer on Windows HTTPS [BANanoVuetifyAD3]Deploying BANanoServer on Windows HTTPS [BANanoVuetifyAD3]
B4XViews - effectsElevation shadow [B4X] [XUI]Add elevation/shadows on XUI views
B4APickerClsWheel Input wheels [Class]ClsWheel Input wheels [Class]
B4AAnimationAnimationPlusExtends the Animation library by adding the interpolators, new parameters, new drawables and the AnimationSet. Can be used for tweened animations or image-by-image animations.
B4XLabelScrolling Label [B4X] [XUI]A custom view with a label that scrolls automatically when the text is wider than the label. The class is supported by B4A, B4i and B4J. It depends on XUI v1.46+.
B4XViews - additionalXUI Views - Cross platform views and dialogs [B4X]XUI Views is a b4x library (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/100383/#content). The same b4xlib library is compatible with B4A (v8.8+), B4J (v7.0+) and B4i (TBD+). It is a collection of custom views and dialogs. Everything is written in B4X. The source code is included inside the b4xlib file, which is a zip file.
B4JB4JB4J Change Log (version history)B4J Change Log (version history)
B4JPrintPrint all files in a folder [*.pdf, etc.] on the standard printer via VBS [Windows]Print all files in a folder [*.pdf, etc.] on the standard printer via VBS [Windows]
B4XImagesZoomImageView - Cross platform zoomable + pannable image view [B4X]A custom view that shows an image and allows the user to zoom and pan the image
B4JTable/GridB4XTable - keyboard navigationExample of using a keyboard event filter to add keyboard navigation to B4XTable. It uses B4XTableSelections in permanent single cell mode.
B4IFile handlingOpen external files with your appMany applications that deal with files show a standard file handling dialog. One of the options in this dialog is to open the file with another app. This tutorial explains how you can add your app to this list and then open the file. For example you can use this to open CSV files received by mail in your app or from Dropbox app (useful for debugging this).

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (15 Nov 2021 to 22 Nov 2021)

B4XTable/GridSD_StrangeListView [B4X] [XUI] [B4XLib]This new view allows you to have an ordered and distributed list of images (left) and their name, description and info (right). Or you can view the images in grid (if the screen size allows it, otherwise in column) where there will be related images with the name just below. There is an add button and a close button that makes the visit invisible (mBase.Visible = False so to speak).
B4XSpinnerSD_xMultiSpinner [B4X] [B4XLib] [XUI]Spinner that allows selecting multiple items
B4JButtonB4J_Button_extra [Add images and enhance your buttons]B4J_Button_extra [Add images and enhance your buttons]
B4JWebAppConcurrent access to SQLite databases [WebApp]Concurrent access to SQLite databases [WebApp]
B4JWebViewSelenium Browser Automation - Create any Robot with BrowserSelenium is an open source automated testing suite for web applications across different browsers and platforms. It is quite similar to HP Quick Test Professional (QTP) only that Selenium focuses on automating web-based applications.

Selenium is not just a single tool but a suite of software's, each catering to different testing needs of an organization.

Based on Selenium WebDrivers, this new Library for B4J can automate browsers and create any robot and get any information from websites.
B4XDatabaseSQL - setting the journal mode [B4X]The modes are explained here: https://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_journal_mode
The two cases where it is important to set the journal mode:
1. WAL - B4J server solutions: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ent-access-to-sqlite-databases.39904/#content
2. DELETE - when it is important that the database will be made of a single file.
B4ASocialWhatsApp Automation1- Auto Reply
You can set up the options that the user can pick from and once the user picks an option you can set up the reply to that option
2- Saving every what's app notification to SQLite Database and you can access it from Notification Activity (within the app)
3- The App works on accessibility service, meaning you don't have to do anything, it will automatically do the job (Inspired by the Teamviewer alternative)
4- Enable/Disable the service when ever your would like.
5-You can send files (PDF or Images) or Texts as an auto reply
B4XTextviewSD_TextView [B4X] [XUI] [B4XLib]A more modern editText (or TextField), but different from the B4XFloatTextField
B4AWebViewUltimateWebView Custom ViewDownloading files, webrtc service, geolocation service, uploading files from local memory, uploading files from the camera, using javascripts, etc.
B4XB4XDocumentation BookletsSeveral B4x documentation booklets are available.

These booklets cover the four B4x products.
Some don't cover B4R because the subject is not relevant for B4R like Visual Designer.

Example projects with source code are included.

General booklets:
B4x Getting started
This booklet explains how to start with each B4x product (B4A, B4i, B4J and B4R).
B4x Basic Language
This booklet explains the Basic Language for B4A, B4i, B4J and B4R.
B4x IDE
This booklet explains the Integrated Developpment Environment for B4A, B4i, B4J and B4R.
B4x Visual Designer
This booklet explains the Visual Designer for B4a, B4i and B4J.

Specific booklet:
B4x Custom Views + CustomViews_SourceCode, specific code for this booklet.
This booklet explains the CustomView subject for B4A, B4i and B4J.

All files are included in the zip file.

The current versions are 1.2

Future booklets:
- B4x Graphics
- B4x SQLite database

These booklets will replace the product specific Beginner's Guides and User's Guide in a near future which are no more updated.
B4JViews - otherScaling Form Controls to new size of Form [B4J]Scaling Form Controls to new size of Form [B4J]
B4XViews - additionalxInstrumentationController [B4X] [CustomView Class]The xInstrumentationController purpose is to display a device present value & display and set a setpoint via touch or method.
B4JXMLA library to generate XML documents using a template and optionally validate it using an xsd fileA library to generate XML documents using a template and optionally validate it using an xsd file.
B4AMathsFind a missing value using Approximation & Guesswork [Goal Seek]Find a missing value using Approximation & Guesswork [Goal Seek]
B4XChartsChart analysis [B4X] [Class]If you have chart data as a table with 2 columns, say weather temperature per hour - it would be good to have an analysis code that can check the data changing trend and return some result. The result may be like "Temperature is rising during 5 hours", or "Warning: sudden freeze for -20 degrees during 5 hours !" ...
B4AImagesConversion from CUrl to B4AIt is quite convenient to upload images to public cloud server and share the image link to other people rather than share the real image files directly! The following code snippets showed how to upload and search images by CUrl command (provided by: https://apidocs.imgur.com/) and by B4A syntax.
B4ADatabaseMSACCESS & jRDC2Access an MS-Access db on a network
B4JRaspberry PiPi4J2 - Raspberry Pi I/O libraryA new version of Pi4J which is now being actively developed and it works with all recent versions of Raspberry Pi.
B4JBAnano4 Types 4 Algorithm Plus 1 [BANanoHashes]4 Types 4 Algorithm Plus 1 [BANanoHashes]
B4XDatabaseAmazon SimpleDB [B4X]Amazon SimpleDB is a web service for NoSQL data storage. The attached project (B4J, B4A and B4I) shows how to access Amazon SimpleDB.
B4JOSGet Unique hardware ID + Lib [b4j]Get Unique hardware ID + Lib [b4j]
B4JBAnanoGetting the Md5 Hash of a string [BANano]Getting the Md5 Hash of a string [BANano]
B4ASpeechOffline Continuous Speech RecognitionOffline Continuous Speech Recognition
B4ASocialSocial Network created by B4A [Chat included]Social Network created by B4A [Chat included]
B4XViews - additionalxInstrumentationMeter [B4X] [CustomView Class]Display a meter value or to set a meter value via touch or mouse click.
B4JBAnanoGenerate massive amounts of fake data for your BANano projects [SithasoFaker]Generate massive amounts of fake data for your BANano projects [SithasoFaker]
B4JRaspberry PiWaveshare POE Hat B with contrallable fan and OLED displayWaveshare POE Hat B with contrallable fan and OLED display

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (22 Nov 2021 to 29 Nov 2021)

B4JDatabasePOC: ORMHaving a background on Ruby On Rails there are 2 things i miss everytime i come back to B4x: ActiveRecord and Testings, so today i decided to tackle both them.
B4AhttpAndroidNetUri LibraryThis library contains the AndroidNetUri class with all the features, methods and properties like android.net.Uri for Java. It also contains the AndroidNetUriBuilder class which is a subclass of the android.net.uri class (android.net.Uri.Builder). This library is adapted for work in BA.
B4AUI designB4A UiI have a channel on YouTube that records ui training in b4a environment
B4AMathsFinancial FunctionsFinancial Functions
B4ADialogsProtect app with codeThis library protects app with pin. It uses a protected kvs (pinLockerLP.dat) file to store the pin. User can enable or disable pin.
B4RhttpraWOTI was looking for a web server working with B4R and i found a good candidate with aWOT library for arduino.
B4XhttpTwo great tools for testing webapps and webhooksI have found two great tools that can be used for testing webapps and webhooks. The first is called ngrok. What it does is that it creates a tunel to your web app and makes it accessible from the internet through https without port forwarding. It acts as a kind of reverse vpn but for https access only. The second and also very interesting tool is beeceptor. It is a webhook receiver and post api receiver in order to check what various services will post to your webapp and create the receiving code correctly.
B4AB4XpagesConversion of B4A to B4XPagesThe conversion of the first of my B4A Apps to the newer B4XPages structure was not trivial and involved over 20 hours of research, overcoming misunderstandings, and finding answers to many questions. This document is intended to be a reference for anyone that undertakes the task. Hopefully, it will help speed up the process.
B4JJSONJsonTree - Tool to help with JSON parsing - UPDATEDI updated the JsonTree tool that Erel created in 2013 to work with https and the newer libraries in B4J.
B4XViews - effectsmcSmoothFadingBG [B4X] [XUI]This library creates a smooth background transition between random colours. It can be used as a splash screen or show some kind of "Loading please wait" screen as seen in when installing windows
B4XB4XSD XUIView2 [B4X] [XUI]the second series of XUI Views
B4XSeekbarAS RangeSeekBar [B4X] [XUI]AS RangeSeekBar [B4X] [XUI]
B4ABarcode/scanZXingLib enhancedEnhanced version of ZXingLib
B4XB4XB4XCache - simple and useful cache collection [B4X]B4XCache is a new collection added in B4XCollections v1.10. It is key / value store collection, similar to Map. When the cache reaches the set maximum size, the least recent used items are removed (30% of the items). The item recency is updated when it is added to the cache and whenever it is accessed, using Cache.Get.
B4XB4XB4XCollections - More collections [B4X]B4XCollections is a b4x lib. It adds several cross platform collections. It includes a static module named B4XCollections which should be used to create new instances of the collections. You can either create new empty collections or pass the initial data.
B4JDatabaseOpening MS Access databases [mdb]Opening MS Access databases [mdb]
B4XColourRGB to HSL Conversion [B4X]It takes Red, Green, Blue inputs and returns Hue, Saturation, and Lightness values.
B4AAdsUnity Ads LibraryUnity Ads Library
B4XSeekbarAS StepSeekBar - StepSlider [B4X] [XUI]AS StepSeekBar - StepSlider [B4X] [XUI]
B4AHuaweiHMS - Huawei SDKHMS - Huawei SDK
B4XTable/GridSD_StrangeListView [B4X] [XUI] [B4XLib]This new view allows you to have an ordered and distributed list of images (left) and their name, description and info (right). Or you can view the images in grid (if the screen size allows it, otherwise in column) where there will be related images with the name just below. There is an add button and a close button that makes the visit invisible (mBase.Visible = False so to speak).
B4XSpinnerSD_xMultiSpinner [B4X] [B4XLib] [XUI]Spinner that allows selecting multiple items
B4XViews - additionalxInstrumentationValueIndicator [B4X] [CustomView Class]The xInstrumentationValueIndicator purpose is to display an indicator with value and (optional) unit.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (29 Nov 2021 to 06 Dec 2021)

B4JExcelXLUtils / jPOI 5 - Read and write MS Excel workbooksXLUtils / jPOI 5 - Read and write MS Excel workbooks
B4XViews - additionalThe xInstrumentationStateIndicator purpose is to display a device state or to set a device state via touch or mouse click. A device could be basically anything which can have a state true or false.The xInstrumentationStateIndicator purpose is to display a device state or to set a device state via touch or mouse click. A device could be basically anything which can have a state true or false.
B4XViews - additionalxInstrumentationController [B4X] [CustomView Class]The xInstrumentationController purpose is to display a device present value & display and set a setpoint via touch or method.
B4XViews - additionalxInstrumentationValueIndicator [B4X] [CustomView Class]The xInstrumentationValueIndicator purpose is to display an indicator with value and (optional) unit.
B4XB4XpagesDynamically switching screen orientation while using B4XPages [B4XPages]Dynamically switching screen orientation while using B4XPages [B4XPages]
B4RSerial commrSPI32 - A port of rSPI for ESP32 boardsrSPI32 - A port of rSPI for ESP32 boards
B4AEncryptionKeep your codesStore notes encrypted with a password or PIN
B4ALabelContextual Menu in CLV item justified Label to select textSelect the text of a LABEL in the CLV items and later color those portions of text
B4AAdsUnity Ads LibraryUnity Ads Library
B4XImagesZoomImageView - Cross platform zoomable + pannable image view [B4X]A custom view that shows an image and allows the user to zoom and pan the image
B4XGPS/location/mapsSearch autocomplete places or addresses. [B4X]Search autocomplete places or addresses. Is a custom view that can be used inside or outside of the goolgemap.
B4AUI designB4A UiI have a channel on YouTube that records ui training in b4a environment
B4XGPS/location/mapsPolylines decoder from GoogleMap, OpenStreet, OSRM, MapBox, Etc. [B4X]Polylines decoder from GoogleMap, OpenStreet, OSRM, MapBox, Etc. [B4X]
B4XGPS/location/mapsDecode and draw polylines in GoogleMap [Trip or Router]. [B4X]Decode and draw polylines in GoogleMap [Trip or Router]. [B4X]
B4XFile handlingAppendToTextFile [B4X]AppendToTextFile [B4X]
B4AGoogleGoogle Play Games Services [New]This is a complete wrapper of the latest Google Play Games Services (v17.2.1)
B4JDatabasePOC: ORMHaving a background on Ruby On Rails there are 2 things i miss everytime i come back to B4x: ActiveRecord and Testings, so today i decided to tackle both them.

B4AFirebaseFirebasemessaging [FCM]: Receive messages in doze/sleep modeIssue: Device doesn't receive FCM messages while in sleep/doze mode. Important to know: Google uses 2 different api's with different keywords.
B4XStringsValidate and verify CIF, NIF, DNI and Others [B4X]Validate and verify NIF, CIF and DNI and can be expanded to other verifiers

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (06 Dec 2021 to 13 Dec 2021)

B4XRandomiseClass - clsRndItems [B4X]A simple class for randomly picking items from a group without repetitions (but also with repetitions, if desired).
B4JB4JUsing Resource Hacker to replace 'OpenJDK Platform' app name and iconUsing Resource Hacker to replace 'OpenJDK Platform' app name and icon
B4XB4XSelectOption functionI use it as a replacement of Select/Case statement, when I only have to get one result among many options.
B4XPickerAS WheelPicker - a modern single/multiple choice picker view - based on xCustomListView [B4X] [XUI]AS WheelPicker - a modern single/multiple choice picker view - based on xCustomListView [B4X] [XUI]
B4ACompressionMy Head[er] HurtsDetect the method that was used to carry out the compression
B4AB4AApp Bundle - Publishing NEW apps using AAB to play store with New keystoreApp Bundle - Publishing NEW apps using AAB to play store with New keystore
B4JDatabaseReading DBF file using jDBF [DBF]Reading DBF file using jDBF [DBF]
B4XProgress/Gauge/LoadingAS AnimatedCounter [B4X] [XUI]This is a Animated Counter with more Features. The Class is based on this class from Erel. Features:
-Negativ Numbers
-Positiv Numbers
-Compatible with B4A,B4I and B4J
-The Numbers are Centered
-Automatic Counting
B4XLabelASLabel - CrossPlatform Label [B4X] [XUI]This is a simple label view, in IOS roundings are removed when resizing or colors are not displayed properly. This can be fixed by placing a panel under the label, this view does the work for you. Just set the properties you want in the designer like in a normal label.
B4ANotificationsNB6 class - additional functionsNB6 class - additional functions
B4XMenuAS Popup Menu on any view [B4X] [XUI]This is a simple cross platform Popup Menu.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (13 Dec 2021 to 21 Dec 2021)

B4AOSThe result of swiping an app from the recent apps listThe result of swiping an app from the recent apps list. One of the new features of Android 4 is the more powerful recent apps list. The user can remove tasks or applications from the list with a swipe gesture. The result of this action is not fully documented. So I ran some tests and these are the findings
B4XMenuAS Tab Menu [Bottom Menu] [B4X] [XUI]A better, simpler, faster and scalable Tab/Bottom-Menu
B4XTable/GridSD FlexGrid [B4X] [XUI]I created a new library to show a table (or grid) similar to the one in EXCEL. There are already excellent classes that allow many to accomplish things, such as xCustomListView (by Erel) and with the FlexibleTable (by Klaus). I wanted to make something slightly different suited to my needs.
B4AStringsB4X - Use of RegexI have found this site which teaches you and allows you to check the use of regex for matching strings etc.
B4JHome automationRead data from a temperature sensor connected to Home Assistant on Raspberry PiRead data from a temperature sensor connected to Home Assistant on Raspberry Pi
B4XDialogsB4XDialog - Custom dialogs [B4X] [XUI]B4XDialogs is part of XUI Views library. Use that instead: [B4X] XUI Views - Cross platform views and dialogs. B4XDialog class helps with creating cross platform custom dialogs. The dialog is made of a simple panel and it is therefore completely customizable.
B4JImagesUse SVG files like any other image : JavafxSVGUse SVG files like any other image : JavafxSVG
B4AB4ASimple Library Compiler - Build libraries without Eclipse [Tool]Simple Library Compiler - Build libraries without Eclipse [Tool]
B4AB4XB4x on Mac M1with Parallels and Windows 11 ArmB4x on Mac M1with Parallels and Windows 11 Arm
B4XB4XB4XCollections - More collections [B4X]B4XCollections is a b4x lib. It adds several cross platform collections. It includes a static module named B4XCollections which should be used to create new instances of the collections. You can either create new empty collections or pass the initial data.
B4XDatabaseDBUtils 2 [B4X]DBUtils is a code module with useful utilities related to the SQL library. It is designed to work with SQLite databases. There have been three versions of DBUtils, one for each platform (except of B4R). DBUtils v2.0 merges the three modules to a single module that is compatible with B4A, B4i and B4J.
B4JABMaterialABMaterialABMaterial is a new framework combining a tuned Materialize CSS with the free programming tool B4J. It allows creating WebApps that not only look great thanks to Googles Material Design, but can be programmed with the powerful free tool from Anywhere Software without any knowledge of HTML or CSS.
B4AGoogleAdvertising idGet the Google Advertising id
B4XPickerAS WheelPicker - a modern single/multiple choice picker view - based on xCustomListView [B4X] [XUI]AS WheelPicker - a modern single/multiple choice picker view - based on xCustomListView [B4X] [XUI]
B4AImagesWebp - new optionsThis is an update to @Pendrush's image conversion library.
B4AB4AB4A Change Log (versions history)B4A Change Log (versions history)
B4JDatabaseReading Visual Foxpro DBF using JDBC [DBF]Reading Visual Foxpro DBF using JDBC [DBF]
B4ADatabaseRemote SQL Server InterfaceSend a sql statement to a remote SQL server and get the tabular results back
B4XColourAS Color Slider - touchable color picker [B4X] [XUI]AS Color Slider - touchable color picker [B4X] [XUI]
B4JB4JUsing Resource Hacker to replace 'OpenJDK Platform' app name and iconUsing Resource Hacker to replace 'OpenJDK Platform' app name and icon
B4JhtmlHTMLEditor Page Break/Paragraph HandlingThe HTMLEditor can be a useful component, but it has some annoying limitations and one behavioural problem that would be a deal-breaker if it could not be fixed. And that is the handling of line breaks.
B4JStringsNormalizing TextNormalizing Text [change áéőűú to aeouu]

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (21 Dec 2021 to 28 Dec 2021)

B4JDatabaseReading DBF file using jDBF [DBF]Reading DBF file using jDBF [DBF]
B4RWebAppFull responsive ESP8266 settings WebApp with websocketsFull responsive ESP8266 settings WebApp with websockets
B4RSerial commrSPI library and rSPI32 libraryA wrapper for SPI library from esp8266 project and a wrapper for SPI32 from esp32 project
B4JViews - additionalRichViewfx CodeArea [Custom View]This is a custom view and very light wrapper for the RichTextFX Codearea from Thomas Mikula on github. There is enough in here to display code, useful for a snippets manager or similar.
B4JAnimationThis is Christmas...Show an animation of snowflakes on a background image
B4ADrawingHow to draw S-curved arrows between boxes / rectanglesHow to draw S-curved arrows between boxes / rectangles
B4AGoogleHow to increase your Consent Rate for your GDPR CMP in Google funding ChoicesHow to increase your Consent Rate for your GDPR CMP in Google funding Choices
B4XExamplePokeDex [B4X]I made this as a B4X project (B4A, B4i and B4J) to demonstrate how to create a pokedex app using B4X.
B4JHome automationTurn on/off light connected to Home Assistant on Raspberry PiTurn on/off light connected to Home Assistant on Raspberry Pi
B4AOSThe result of swiping an app from the recent apps listThe result of swiping an app from the recent apps list. One of the new features of Android 4 is the more powerful recent apps list. The user can remove tasks or applications from the list with a swipe gesture. The result of this action is not fully documented. So I ran some tests and these are the findings

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (28 Dec 2021 to 10 Jan 2022)

B4XSliderAS RangeRoundSlider [B4X] [XUI]AS RangeRoundSlider [B4X] [XUI]
B4XSliderAS RoundSlider [B4X] [XUI]AS RoundSlider [B4X] [XUI]
B4JB4J ServerjOkHttpUtils2 - server version [server]jOkHttpUtils2 - server version [server]
B4XDatabaseMS SQL Database viewer toolList MSSQL database tables, their structure and data
B4AAudio/VideoPndFFmpegKit LibraryFFmpegKit is a wrapper library that allows you to easily run FFmpeg/FFprobe commands in applications. It provides additional features on top of FFmpeg to enable platform specific resources, control how commands are executed and how the results are handled.
B4XSliderAS SectionedSlider [B4X] [XUI]AS SectionedSlider [B4X] [XUI]
B4JComms & NetworkBind Jetty to desired network interface + get network interfacesBind Jetty to desired network interface + get network interfaces
B4AAction Bar, Drawer, etcImmersive Mode - hide the navigation barImmersive mode means full screen mode where the navigation bar is also hidden. The user can bring back the bars by swiping near the edges.
B4JBlockChainWeb3X - Develop Web3 solutions with B4XAn open source Java library for integration of Ethereum clients
B4ASocialWhatsApp CleanerLast year I posted on Google Play an app that cleared WhatsApp from duplicate files (images, videos, audio, documents) or let you preview and delete files that were no longer interested.
It also allowed to move the files to dropbox, so as to free the device memory.

Google Play asked me to move the word WhatsApp at the end of the title because this could create confusion with the original App and then I could post it, after a while I removed the app and admonished me saying I did not have to use the word WhataApp. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I could have changed package name and app name and redacted it with a new icon .... but I did not care ... and did not produce much revenue. :(:(:(:(

But for me I find it useful:p:p:p so I would like to share the app with its source code.
B4AList- and scrollviewPreoptimizedCLV - Lazy loading extension for xCustomListViewThis is a cross platform class that extends xCustomListView and makes it "lazier".
B4XImagesAPNG - animated PNG [B4X]APNG is a format that extends PNG with support for animations, similar to animated gifs. This class, which is implemented in B4X, extracts the frames from the APNG file and creates the animation.
B4JImagesRead Image DPI using Apache Commons ImagingRead Image DPI using Apache Commons Imaging
B4XMenuAS FlowTabMenu - Early Stage [B4X] [XUI]AS FlowTabMenu - Early Stage [B4X] [XUI]
B4ACameraCameraExCameraEx class extends the camera functionality
B4XSeekbarAS RangeSeekBar [B4X] [XUI]AS RangeSeekBar [B4X] [XUI]
B4AMathsBigNumbersArbitrary length decimal and integer calculations for financial and other applications requiring absolute accuracy
B4JAnimationHappy New Year with Fireworks...A simple but nice particle effect... something like fireworks

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's New Since Last Week (10 Jan 2022 to 17 Jan 2022)

B4AOSPropMeisterTells you everything your device is capable of, along with some other potentially useful information.
B4JBAnano - VueSmall solutions to development hitches [BANano] [VuetifyAD3]Small solutions to development hitches [BANano] [VuetifyAD3]
B4JBAnano - VueVuetify WebSites & WebApps with BANano for Dummies [BANanoVuetifyAD]Vuetify WebSites & WebApps with BANano for Dummies [BANanoVuetifyAD]
B4XDate/timeNumber of weeks between 2 dates [B4X]Number of weeks between 2 dates [B4X]
B4XGameRead&Think: A word puzzle gameRead&Think: A word puzzle game
B4APaymentVicino - Your wallet in my pocketThe attached is a simplistic demonstration of contactless (NFC) credit card recognition.
B4JBlockChainWeb3X - Login/Auth with Metamask exampleWeb3X - Login/Auth with Metamask example
B4APush notificationsGoogle Push notification over ipv6Google Push notification over ipv6
B4AAudio/VideoPndFFmpegKit LibraryFFmpegKit is a wrapper library that allows you to easily run FFmpeg/FFprobe commands in applications. It provides additional features on top of FFmpeg to enable platform specific resources, control how commands are executed and how the results are handled.
B4AAdsAdColony LibraryAdColony Library
B4XSliderAS RangeRoundSlider [B4X] [XUI]AS RangeRoundSlider [B4X] [XUI]
B4XExampleAS RangeSlider + AS Clock = Sleep Schedule Picker [B4X]This is a short example of what is possible with these 2 views.
B4XTable/GridB4XTableSelections - extended selection modes for B4XTable [B4X]B4XTableSelections extends B4XTable and adds new selection modes:
SINGLE_CELL_TEMP - this is the built-in selection mode. Unlike the other selection modes it disappears automatically.
SINGLE_CELL_PERMANENT - selection of a single cell.
SINGLE_LINE_PERMANENT - selection of a single line.
MULTIPLE_CELLS - selection of multiple cells.
MULTIPLE_LINES - selection of multiple lines
B4XB4XTodo ListTodo list app
B4JBlockChainWeb3X - Develop Web3 solutions with B4XAn open source Java library for integration of Ethereum clients
B4XClockAS Clock - Analog Clock or Digital [B4X] [XUI]AS Clock - Analog Clock or Digital [B4X] [XUI]
B4XSliderAS RoundSlider [B4X] [XUI]AS RoundSlider [B4X] [XUI]
B4AFirebaseFirebase RemoteConfig [NEW]This is a wrapper of the Firebase RemoteConfig library for B4A.
B4IFirebaseiFirebaseRemoteConfigThis is a wrapper of Firebase RemoteConfig library for B4i. I made this for @Jack Cole and he gave me permission to post this in forum to help other users.
B4XDatabaseAmazon DynamoDB [B4X]Amazon DynamoDB is a NoSQL database service. The attached project (B4J, B4A and B4I) shows how to access Amazon DynamoDB.
B4JBAnano - VueDesigning WebApps/Websites/SPA/PWA with BANano+Vuetify [BANanoVuetifyAD3]Designing WebApps/Websites/SPA/PWA with BANano+Vuetify [BANanoVuetifyAD3]
B4JPaymentPerfectMoneyPerfectMoney is an alternative method of payment on the Internet for services.
B4XViews - additionalXUI Views Example [B4X] [B4XPages]This is only an update to the original example from Erel.